Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRAC Commission announces closure of MS 1874 Tremont  (Read 39 times)
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: October 02, 2019, 06:19:28 pm »

Recent work changes have resulted in me moving to West Virginia for the time being. 

Obviously, this means leaving the little house in KCK in favor of a new place out east.  An upgrade after a fashion but none the less sad to see the little house and shop go that has made so many memories for all of us over the years. 

A brief pictorial of what all we managed to get done in a single car garage and single wide driveway in a $35K house.

We used to fit a lot of vehicles in down there... 

A young and spirited Curfman celebrates the first of many victories over M151 master cylinders at the shop and elsewhere

Engine overhauls...  my god we did a lot of engine overhauls... 

Sometimes we went to Tent Daves and filled the entire house with Winter overwhites... 

Or had to use C-wire to keep the neighborhood kids at bay.  (These kids have kids now BTW)

Some days were sunny and nice. 

Some days were not. 

Some days we all worked together as a team.

Some nights the faithful tormented the neighbors by welding into the skinny hours of the night. 

Sometimes we had room in the house...  Sometimes we had MREs... 

Boy did we used to get sandbags... 

The shelter coming in...

Shelter going out. 

Curfmans jeep coming in, or at least half of it. 

The Russian sewing machine on the stand that was built at the shop. 

Built a few of these mortars there too. 

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:27:31 pm »

Moving out

The company agreed to move my lathe.  I broke it down and crated it to insure it made the trip and did not kill the movers. 

Driveway empty for the last time. 

Shop now empty

Back porch nearly empty (Last PALCON went to Curfman)

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 06:31:33 pm »

New place out East: 

New shop out East, nice but not going to match what we did in the much smaller place in KCK. 
Mordarski J.A.
You might want to listen up...

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »

Absolute best of luck out east, Al!  With any luck, we'll be able to visit sometime, once you're ready for visitors.  Maybe, if the trip isn't too long, I can convince our guys to bring our green fleet your way  Wink

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: