Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What would it take to get EW restarted?  (Read 1795 times)
VancouverRifles
Recruit

Wet Coast, Debt Coast

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 12:22:07 pm »

I will say that the Canadian community has grown in recent years so you're likely to have a decent number of participants from us up north is you could manage to work us in.
Stagg
Global Moderator
Knows what he's talking about...

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 05:32:39 pm »

This would really be a very different event from EW, though, other than the retro theme.  CWG is a better model for maintaining the vehicles, radios, and force on force aspects of EW.  I hope to make it down for a CWG event this Spring, it looks awesome.

We look forward to seeing you there.

As for your idea. (or anybody else)  Good for it!  In the grand scheme of things airsoft games are ridiculously easy to run.

Eastwind did not start in a vacuum. 
Brett and Allan were both running games long before EW, and they did so by stepping up and saying "I will do that" and they did it well.
One of the reasons EW ended was the lack of players, which was caused by the lack of real/useful games offered in the US.  Swayze fought the good-fight for years, and lured the best from all over.  Brett found and lured some of the very best EB people from all over.... and that pool of people just kept shrinking and shrinking.
Eastwind did not start in a vacuum, but it did end in a vacuum!

And the community will continue to shrink until more people start doing/organizing events offering
*what they want*
I recommend reading this thread. (save yourself some time and read the Aswayze posts, since the rest is mostly blather or complaining)
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=159185

I REALLY WISH SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD RUN A GOOD GAME!  So I could attend it.  As a regular player! 
It would be great.  I am totally willing to spend money on gear, or weapons, or other requirements.  As long is the game offers me a reason to go.  Travelling games are great fun, even more so with good company.

We chose to run CWG, in the manner that we did for reasons best left for another time.  That does not mean that I, or anyone else from CWG would not consider other options.  Usually it is the opposite, as we get sucked into helping out in whatever way we can.

Offer us something involving this
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpost.php?p=1840036&postcount=23
And you will have a very consistent base of players from EW vets, CWG, and the smattering of people all over the N.American continent.   If we could get a few of these types of events running then we can grow collectively.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: