Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16 | April 1 - 3 2016 | Wyandotte,OK  (Read 12070 times)
Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2016, 12:24:24 pm »

Disregarding snacks, are the two MREs *all* the food we have to bring (i.e. the rest is provided) or should we be planning to ruck in three days of chow (i.e. time to dismember my remaining MREs)?
Stagg
Global Moderator
Knows what he's talking about...

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »

Two are required as the minimum amount of food by the event.
The rest is provided by the player.

You may pack in whatever you like.  The two MRE requirement is just to ensure that the crazy kid, who brings a box of dry cereal and a bag of beef-jerky, does not starve.
(we have seen this happen)

Other MREs othan US are also acceptable, but if you should double check with us or your Squad leader before committing.

We are going to encourage squad rations, if for no other reason than they are fun to do, in this type of event.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Stagg
Global Moderator

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2016, 07:27:45 pm »

Squad leaders have been chosen, along with a unit roster.  The information is being typed up for dissemination.
Expect to see your squad structure this week.

Double check when it comes out.  If we mixed up people who are travelling together or who just have to play together, then say something.  Fixing it early is not a problem at all.

Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:21 am »

Danke.  I assumed as much but did not want to show up with a bunch of unnecessary food.

What is the expected fulfillment time on shirts ordered from the CWG site?
Scout_Penguin
Recruit

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »

Out of curiosity, why the restriction on suppressors?  I'm not arguing, just curious on why they are singled out. 

I don't think I can make it to this one, but I'll keep an eye out for future Swift Fox operations.  I heard there might be one this next fall?  If so I'll have to see what I can do.
Stagg
Global Moderator

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2016, 10:43:47 pm »

Well this event will be a reoccurring deal every spring.  Others in the FALL, or whenever may be possible as well.

Suppressors.

Short answer: Uniformity.

Long answer: We are trying to build an environment/scenario, that is both fictitious and yet based on enough reality to be immersive.  Both Kitoy and Ardea are completely made up.  However, they are also based on real aspects from real countries and their military.  So allowing an "anything goes" mentality to grow inside of CWG would destroy this creation, and all we would have is another airsoft game with a cool-yet-pointless-backstory, filled with the usual players who are centered on themselves.
We are attempting to create a military environment, but to do so without falling into the trap of reenacting. 
A key facet of that Mil-environment is uniformity, and a system of equipment.
With that uniformity concept in mind, our relatively poor factions (to the US) do not have a consistent supply of expendable/expensive items, and lack the soldier training to capitalize on those items.  One excellent example of this frugal mindset is suppressors.  Another aspect is medical supplies, and the training to use them (the reason that we have dedicated medics, and do not render " effective buddy-aid") 

The airsoft/event reason, is to provide a series of simple, non-expensive, rules, that allow a bit of discipline in ourselves.  Hopefully these small acts of discipline enable larger acts, like pulling watch from 0100 to 0300 in a Patrol Base while your buddies sleep, or the many other small tasks that make a person successful in a field environment.
Best of all it doesn't cost us anything, since the rules don't allow something.  As opposed to requiring something be bought/carried/learned and all that other stuff that makes the requirements list so long and scary.

JPearson
Been here a while.

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »

Hey, I am planning to sign up for the Ardean team. I've been debating whether or not to for 6 months and have decided to join on rather short notice. I'm in Alabama, so carpooling would be great, but not necessary. I do have a JG G3A3 so the weapon is taken care of, but I need some kit still. I don't see it being a problem, though.
Stagg
Global Moderator

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2016, 04:55:29 pm »

Glad to have you!
When you sign up, don't forget to send in the extra info.  We use that to place you in the best position for your own success as well as your squad's.

Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »

What is the expected fulfillment time on shirts ordered from the CWG site?

Never answered this, did we? They are ordered. Soon? Some or all may be delayed due to some sourcing.

I hope in the next couple weeks we send them out. Plan was always for you all to have them all of March to try out, cut off tags, wash, etc. Still hoping for that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: