Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16 | April 1 - 3 2016 | Wyandotte,OK  (Read 12069 times)
Hunter
Might know something...

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 11:47:00 am »

Going off of Dirtpro's comment about putting a metal body on the g3..
Me and cal have two g3's that have been in the closet since Eastwind, they're the JG ones. How do you put a metal body on them? Do you buy the parts from a real one and just replace it? Are there any good guides for this?
Master Chef
Knows what he's talking about...

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

There are aftermarket metal bodies for tm G3s. They are compatible with the ca and jg as they are all copies of the tm. I think classicarmy sells their aluminum body too as the "lightweight" body kit.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
dirtpro

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 06:18:18 am »

My quick research shows that the ca body is a clamshell design (splits into right and left pieces), not an upper/lower receiver design. Several have had to do serious dremel work to make theirs fit. g&g makes one too and apparently theirs is better. Im looking at a boneyard g&g to see if that works

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Trucker
East Wind NATO Planning Staff
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 07:09:34 am »

This old man is getting his body and EBR in shape. No more in the rear with the gear.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 09:29:52 am »

My quick research shows that the ca body is a clamshell design (splits into right and left pieces), not an upper/lower receiver design. Several have had to do serious dremel work to make theirs fit. g&g makes one too and apparently theirs is better. Im looking at a boneyard g&g to see if that works
The upper on all G3s is clamshell, You're saying that the upper and lower on the CA are one large clamshell? I didn't notice when I played with stagg's CA, never took it apart though.

If you have any luck on the G&G FC51 body clue me in, I never found one (wanted the plastic Mp5 style SEF lower for bundeswehr stuff)

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 11:31:19 am »

I will put up what I info I have on my G3s once I dig them out.
We can build up a knowledge base "how to" for:  Real stocks and handguards, sliding stocks, battery options.

It is heartening to see so many people doing battle rifles.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Hunter
Might know something...

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 01:01:57 pm »

If only we could also wear flecktarn with the battle rifles.  Grin

And that's a good idea to compile a guide for the g3's, ways to upgrade them and whatnot.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »

Yep - we need to get all that info together - for the G3s as well as the FALs.

Since battle rifles are underrepresented in Airsoft - we need to put all the info we can together and see if we can make them better represented.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 05:20:17 pm »

Since battle rifles are underrepresented in Airsoft - we need to put all the info we can together and see if we can make them better represented.
I wish I could like forum posts.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Abacus

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 07:39:09 pm »

Sigh...starting to give serious thought to going battle rifle...fortunately I can't find a FAL?

You may leave Eastwind, Eastwind doesn't leave you

EW V: UK Forces Squad Leader
EW VI:UK Forces Radioman
EW VII:NATO XO
EWVIII: Prime Minister
Fotheringham B.N.
Might know something...

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »

Well, nothing's final yet but some of us Canucks might give this a shake. If we do go, it seems a no brainer for us to gravitate towards the Kitoy side of things given the OD Uniform and use of AR Rifles.

Cheers!! Smiley
         Brian

I am nothing...WE...are everything!!

East Wind 5 - RadOP
East Wind 6 - #2 LMG
East Wind 7 - Sec Cdr

tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 05:30:45 am »

Sigh...starting to give serious thought to going battle rifle...fortunately I can't find a FAL?

I am working on a review/list of options.

I am also working on getting parts from King Arms and AEGs from other sources so that I can offer proper options as well.

Barrel change of shorter variants with the proper hand guard style and flash-hiders.

As is my nature - when I decide do do something I go way out on that limb to make it the best we can...

Ultimately we are hoping to establish arrangements with retailers that offer the items that are needed for the event at some discount for our players. But that takes some time to get established.
Recruit

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 01:28:44 pm »

Given the specificity of the page, are painted FALs okay?  By the time the event roles around my KA Carbine length will be converted to a full length, painted RLI rifle.
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:38 pm »

"Can I paint my Rifle."
If it is not in the rules then the answer is....
We are leaving that answer up to the Squad leaders.  (It is not against the rules to do so)  But your Squad leader DOES have discretion to make his squad the most effective team he/she can manage.

Note that for CWG events we are not writing down every rule, and nuance.  (just like EW. imagine that)
Little things like:
-Do I need a helmet cover, or should I paint it? --Ask your Squad leader
-Should I paint my rifle? -- Ask your Squad leader
-How many grenades can I carry? -- Ask your Squad leader.

We are doing it this way for several reasons.  Number one reason, is that those issues impact your squad the most, and do so without impacting the event in any significant way.
Second reason is because we are picking out SL who we know will make sound decisions.  If they do not know the answer they will work up the Chain of Command to the Admins.  We are giving them the authority to make some of the many, many, many, many small decisions that are important but tend to bury us prior to an event.

That said.  I will bet you a donut that your Squad leader will not care if you bring a Rhodesian painted Rifle.  We will try to pair up weapon systems into squads when possible for magazine compatibility, and I am sure that other FAL users will appreciate the camo-coolness of baby-poop brown on your weapon.

PS.  We will start assigning SLs in December, and start building squads also.  Giving you maximum time to prepare yourself and your squad mates.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Trucker
East Wind NATO Planning Staff

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

NO PINK RIFLES.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: