Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16 | April 1 - 3 2016 | Wyandotte,OK  (Read 12050 times)
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: October 29, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

I am pleased to announce Central War Gaming's first milsim event, for the spring of next year.

OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16

April 1st - 3rd 2016
Operation Swift Fox 16 is a 3 day long 24 hour per day immersive milsim event, with 56 straight hours in the field from start to finish. Set in a fictitious environment to avoid the 'that is not how they really did it' comments, CWG creates a military operating environment by modeling itself on snippets of fact drawn from real armies, conflicts, and countries. From the moment you arrive till the moment you leave, you are surrounded by and living the life of a light infantry soldier deployed in the field, fighting in a modern, low-intensity conflict.
You will choose to take part as a dragoon of the Ardean 23rd Frontier Guards, or an infantryman with the Kitoi 4th Expeditionary Protective Area Brigade. Each side has it's own specific options, requirements, advantages, and disadvantages.

WHO MAY PARTICIPATE?
Anyone who is 18 years of age or older on the first day of play, pays the fees, shows up on time, and abides by the rules and equipment requirements.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The total event fee is $125. A deposit of $50 is required when you register. The final payment of $75 must be made by 28 February 2016. You will be invoiced for this amount after you pay the deposit
** QUICK! Pay before December 1st for a 25% discount! **

WHERE IS OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16 BEING HELD?
We are proud to announce that Swift Fox 16 will be held at D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, Oklahoma. No doubt, there are a great many of you who have played at D-Day before. It is an amazing facility with a lot of really impressive infrastructure.
We will be operating on a 1000+ acre playing field with 45 miles of roads and trails. There are towns, an airfield, steep hills, green valleys, streams, ponds, and lots of space. If you have played at OK D-Day before you have probably seen a little bit of it but we assure you, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

WHY 56 HOURS?
CWG wanted to put together an immersive event, without the need to take a whole week off work or school. Many weekend games take a long time to get started, and pause at night, but we'll have it all set up when you arrive, and run the game straight through so we can squeeze the most out of a long weekend and still be practical.
By actually running for almost 3 days we maximize our field time and get the most value out of our weekend vacation time (or spring break for you guys in school).
If you cannot attend for the entire time, that's fine. Built into the schedule are two reinforcement times where new squads can enter play later. Let me tell you, the guys in the field will love fresh reinforcements! Its their chance to nap, and your chance to take up the slack on patrol

WHY SHOULD I GO TO OPERATION SWIFT FOX 16?
You should come to a CWG event because you are looking for a challenge, an experience, a place to actually do all the things you trained so hard to master before this.
If you are looking for a full war gaming experience that can take your milsim preparations to the next level, sign up for Operation Swift Fox 16 today.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Central War Games offers challenges unrelated to most airsoft events. Sure there's shooting and throwing grenades, but we will do lot more than that.
- Tactics are immersive as well. You want to shoot someone? First you have to find them, and there are no scripted battles. If they don't want to be found, that might be hard. You will need to work as a team, follow orders, employ all the information you are given, and use all your skills to be successful.
- We work as a team. You will be assigned to a squad, within a few weeks of paying. You will do everything from then on through your chain of command. Questions? First, ask your squad leader.
- We need your special gear and skills. Radio operators, machine gunners, infantry leaders? If you have experience, skills (and equipment) we can put you to work where you best fit.
- We are light infantry. Break in your boots and make sure you can carry a rucksack with everything you want to carry for a weekend, soon.
- Got a military vehicle? We'll all be happy to take a ride sometimes. Talk to us about it, and if authentic (no plywood armor, please) we'd love to have it there.
Worried about any of this? It's probably not as difficult as you'd think. Your squad, and the whole community will help you whenever we can.

SIGN ME UP!
If you would like more information about Operation Swift Fox 16, and Central War Gaming (CWG) visit the website at: http://centralwar.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:18:11 pm by tascabe » Logged
Spice
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 05:47:24 pm »

Yessssss.

315th Radio Relay Company (Los Angeles Contingent)
dirtpro

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:02:47 pm »

Excellent. All I need to know is what side everyone here will be on Smiley

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Lift Kit

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:29:53 pm »

If this is going to be a regular thing I'll start kitting up.

Read over the rules - only found one I didn't like.  Hit vehicles have to pull over to open up the road - why?  If it's to let a vehicle pass in an emergency, why can we lay small trees as roadblocks? I think it should be stop in place, to encourage hitting the first and last vehicle.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:29:50 pm »

Sign me up. Only thing I Have to decide is-Battle rifle or OG107s?

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 05:27:04 am »

If this is going to be a regular thing I'll start kitting up.

Plan is for twice a year - a Spring Offensive and a Fall Offensive  - moving around to different AOs as well
Doorman

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:28:46 am »

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Tilt
Might know something...

29th MEU (Illinois)

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »

Nice, now to decide what side to go with by Dec. 1st.  New uniforms or new weapon?Huh?

Who's doing what?

Dan Delaunois
EW IV - US 2nd Squad - Rifleman
EW V - US 1st Squad - Fireteam A Leader
EW VI - US 3rd Squad - Fireteam A Leader
EW VII - US 2nd Squad - Squad Leader
EW VIII - US 1st Squad - Fireteam A Leader
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 04:56:18 pm »

Sign me up. Only thing I Have to decide is-Battle rifle or OG107s?

Obviously a G3.  I'm feeling a African-style woodland uniform and a wood stock G3.  That G3 does call to me from its lonely corner in the closet.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:24:39 pm by Stagg » Logged

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Spice

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 05:22:14 pm »

Getting a G3 or (better) a FAL both interests me, and is something I will probably never use anywhere else. Regardless, the cost of the weapon is cheap and doesn't scare me in itself. The cost of the mags, however, is about equal to the price of the gun, if not more, for all of these platforms I have looked at.

But, I already have all the woodland gear, know how to use it, pack it, and it works.

So yeah, I dunno. Quandary. Time Warriors.

315th Radio Relay Company (Los Angeles Contingent)
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 05:41:49 pm »

good thing you only need (and are limited to) 6 mags ;-)
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 05:49:01 pm »

Eh, Spice will have at least 8 bandoleers extra just in case.  I just know it. 

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Lift Kit

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 09:30:18 pm »

G3 for me.  Going to match bugout gear with game gear, use it as a dry run.
dirtpro

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 07:28:20 am »

Guess my g3 gets to get out of the closet too Smiley

Just need a metal body for it now (super old tm).

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Doorman

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 07:49:55 am »

Guess my g3 gets to get out of the closet too Smiley

Just need a metal body for it now (super old tm).

Sure are a lot of sexually confused G3s coming out of the closet I never knew about.

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: