Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MSW Assault on Derbent Plt 2 Sqd 4 (Cossack)  (Read 7516 times)
dirtpro
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: October 01, 2015, 07:46:44 pm »

Figured I'd break this out into a separate topic so we don't clutter the main one. I've been tasked with leadering 4th squad so I'd like to get some accountability. According to the current list i have:

Dirtpro      HEINS, STEPHEN           SL

Shoobe01   HOOBER, STEVEN          ATL/GRN
Hunter       JAMES, HUNTER            LMG
                JAMES, CAL                  R
brycehelm  HELM, BRYCE                R

BA64         BUDDENHAGEN, TROY    BTL
Grendel     BOYSEL, JERRY             LMG
Rekkon      VOIGT, RYAN                GRN
                HALLOCK, FRANK           R

I know Cal, Hunter and Hoober but am wondering if the rest of you guys are here or are going to be unknowns. Looking for an ATL as well, Jerry was tasked with it but I'm hoping to get away with retasking him as the other team's lmg. Troy if you're on here and don't want the BTL job get with me please!

Edit: feel free and drop your contact info here if you're comfortable with that so we can get in contact en route/at the AO as needed. My number is (918) 406-0830 (please don't share that outside this forum). Feel free and call/txt whenever (txt is best).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNO:

Situation:
NATO forces have fallen back and taken defensive positions around the town of Derbent. Per higher, AO limits will be fenced with barbed wire (a request is pending for further info for map making purposes). AO size is roughly 2km square, or about 500 acres. Temps are forcasted at 39-77 with low wind. HIGH CHANCE OF RAIN.

Mission: Commander's intent of higher: "destroy enemy irregular forces that continue to resist and provide friendly force Freedom of movement along ES-115 for future defensive operations in southern Russia."  Key tasks include area denial along highway ES-115, seize key terrain and destroy enemy units. Looks to be your typical bash and smash.

General info/special instructions:

-Bring your rain gear gents. Let's make sure our sleeping arrangements are good to go, repair any issues now so we can remain combat effective regardless of water ingress. Let's make sure we have at least 2 entrenching tools per fire team (TLs please facilitate this) so we can trench if necessary.
-Double up on try undergarments, if we get caught in the rain during the day we'll want to get dry before night. Don't count on being able to let things dry out in camp!
-The plan is to run M4/M16 weapons so we can share mags, please let me know if that's an issue; support gunners exempt of course.
-TLs please get with your guys and ensure they have all the required kit from the TACSOP (available at the milsim west website) and please get with me once that's complete.

-Tentative schedule for an OPORD: NLT 2200hrs OCT 12. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:00:25 am by dirtpro » Logged

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:59:08 pm »

Do the indents actually indicate a hierarchy or are they just arbitrary formatting?

Aside from getting the location of the field so I can print a map, stuff I have that others may not and I was thinking of bringing:
- NODs
- Weapon mounted clip on 4x night vision
- Thermal pocketscope
If not likely to be much help in our job or the terrain, I'll ditch some of it though.

If I understand right, TAG bursting grenades are okay, right? I /should/ have GL by then. Have the grenades already but the launcher seller is being lazy about dropping it in the mail. If not okay, I'll bring the inert ones and hope people notice them.

Also: radio.
- I still have my F21s and several battery boxes, and often wear my Sordins all weekend so can volunteer to be an RTO /if/ we are likely to talk to HQ enough for it to matter.
- I also have set aside two Icom 4008Ms. Tiny, AA powered, military surplus though you wouldn't believe it, crazy reliable and good range and on the IISR freqs and coding so it's /very/ unlikely anyone else will be on any of those channels. Thought it would be good to have if we split or set an OP or anything.
dirtpro

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:04:29 pm »

Rgr, no indentations aren't hierarchy - i'll reformat that so it makes more sense. Do you want to be a TL? I've got comms too - not sure if I can designate an rto but I'll find out. I'm all for bringing nods. Not sure on TAG rounds, tacsop (rules) are here:
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/50e53176e4b0837383d71516/t/55bc19ebe4b0176fcb941095/1438390763602/MilSim+West+TACSOP+3.2.pdf

Edit: I don't see anything saying those specific ones aren't allowed, it does say TAG rounds are good to go

Edit 2: looks like in the squad it's SLs and TLs that get radios - I plan on running dual radios for plt and sqd comms - definitely need solid comms for the TLs if you're interested or are willing to loan them out
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:12:57 pm by dirtpro » Logged

Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:21 am »

Voigt here.  I am bringing an M203 and my weight in Tag pyro.  I also have NODs and a ton of landmines, assorted booby traps, etc.
218-686-9182

Troy (BA64) is here but checks the board infrequently.  I will ping him.  Both of us are veteran airsofters, but we only have one East Wind under our belts, and this will be our first MSW event.
Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:56 am »

If I read right, then yeah I can even repair my third 4008M and loan them as the SL/You radios if everyone promises to not loose them or light campfires with them or anything.

I am not desperate to be anything here, but if no one else pops up as more qualified, sure I can be an SL for you.
BA64
Recruit

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 02:20:01 pm »

Troy here as a rifleman and Ryan's demo mule. Eastwind showed me "comms/radio" is not one of my strong  areas. I will do my best at what I'm assigned to until I'm killed or you find someone better for the job.
(608)386-6706
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 06:28:49 pm »

Bud, I think you would make a great Team Leader. Its the best job in many ways, because when living in the field, you really only have to say "follow me" and "do as I do."

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »

I see a lack of Stagg on the roster.
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 07:41:59 pm »

Somebody noticed  Tongue I ended up with orders to hang out with the Army. 
Bummer for me and my airsoft fun.  I was really looking forward to playing with EW guys again.
On the positive side I get to helo-cast from a CH-47 as part of my incarceration.  And there is a decent chance I will get away early enough to still attend the game. 

If I do make the MSW game, it will probably be as a driver of one of Tascabe's trucks supporting you guys.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
dirtpro

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 07:50:30 pm »

Just when we thought we were gonna have all the fun Wink

dirtpro

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 07:45:29 pm »

WARNO dropped, see the first post.

Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 06:43:13 am »

Just to be clear, we are not carrying 100% of our stuff with us at all times, quiaff?  We will be able to stash things like spare weapon and extra grenades at the bivy site?
dirtpro

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 07:13:51 am »

Correct, we'll be moving on to the AO, establishing a patrol base and operating out of it for the duration of the event. I'd say set your kit up similar in load carry to EW (8 hour mission blocks). I doubt they'll have us out much longer than that at once. If we do get tasked with something longer we can ruck up just like EW Smiley

tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 04:40:33 pm »

Yep - plan on your larger ruck being moved by truck if you need to stay forward longer.
dirtpro

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 06:42:57 am »

Carpooling: not sure where any of you all are coming from - Grendel and I will be driving from Tulsa to Brett's and spending Thurs night there. If anyone is on our route speak up and we'll see about picking you up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: