Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DDR IFA Robur  (Read 2604 times)
Doorman
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:18 am »

Guys,

I am too busy right now and about to move to a 1 bedroom Apartment in downtown Houston so I need to let go of the Robur project.   It has been idle a lot lately as I have been taking care of my wife and working long hours.  I still work when I can on it though.  

Anyways the good stuff.   As it stands, I am just waiting on decent weather and weekend to roll it out and paint the cab a nice DDR green.   I have documented all of the camo patterns for reproduction later.  Once painting is complete then I will start to put all the stuff back together.

Either way, it needs to go or it will sit idle in the rain/outside for 3+ years forgotten.   Since I have started work though it has been in its own building.

$1750 for as-is / where-is... work will keep going, I just don't know how much. (EW Vet price)

I will of course teach you everything I know and give you all the stuff I have accumulated for the project (tools, parts, manuals etc.)   It must be sold by Dec 2015 or it goes outside or worse the scrap yard.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:51:16 am by Doorman » Logged

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:34:40 am »

I hope somebody picks this up.

I just can't - I am too far under keeping all my other trucks going right now - or I would in a heartbeat.
OhioDDR
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

Where are you located? Texas or Louisiana?

What is the mileage on it?

Pictures?

I can be reached at 440-313-5893, 4403135893, (440)313-5893
Doorman

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:03 pm »

I will get some pictures but it the cab is current torn apart for painting but it's all there and able to go back easy enough.   I am in Alabama on the gulf coast.   Mileage I can't remember but I think it's like 800. 

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Lift Kit

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:27 pm »

At this point I don't think mileage is something to worry about.

If I had even a concrete pad to put this on I'd buy it.
Doorman

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:28 am »

Buy it and you will be happy.... its like a Unimog but its powered by Communism and fear

OhioDDR

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »

I will get some pictures but it the cab is current torn apart for painting but it's all there and able to go back easy enough.   I am in Alabama on the gulf coast.   Mileage I can't remember but I think it's like 800. 

How much time/effort/etc would it require to get the thing up and running?

I can be reached at 440-313-5893, 4403135893, (440)313-5893
Doorman

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:24:37 am »

Depends on your knowledge of vehicles and parts.   It needs new brake shoes as the ones there are literally dust.  That will require you to take them to a brake shop that can press/rivet new ones on.   Then the brake cylinders will need new rubber, these are quite easy to get from Europe.  The brake lines are clear and ready.   The tires are good and mechanically it is good.  

I have not started her in about 8 months because I just haven't been able too due to other things.  I drove it right into the place she is in now and have been doing work in the shed, it also has a brand new battery.   I can start putting it back together and for the most part I could have it back together in a weekend.  Things have been taken off because I was doing body work and painting.   The two front windshields will also need to be replaced but they are flat and square so any window shop can make those easy.  That brings me to the other issue of new rubber seals for all the doors, windows and rear panels.   They will need to be bought from Europe because the old ones had turned to concrete.  Those two are easily found in Europe and on ebay.de  (robur gummi).   Other than that go through all the PMs and it should be good.  The air filter is now getting quality air instead of decaying rats.   I also have all the manuals with lots of drawings.   There are three manuals for the truck: basic care and operation, service manual & mechanical manual.

Nothing has been done to the radio box and that is sitting separate since I dismounted it.

Like I said, with life changing fast for me and East Wind gone I dont have the time for it so I am letting it go for far less than I already have in it.  That way, I hope it doesnt get sold for scrap or worse parted out to 4x4 guys.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:58:39 am by Doorman » Logged

Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 05:33:30 pm »

If you cleaned out the dead rats, then all the other jobs sound pretty straight forward.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Doorman

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 08:43:31 am »

Guys,

I am too busy right now and about to move to a 1 bedroom Apartment in downtown Houston so I need to let go of the Robur project.   It has been idle a lot lately as I have been taking care of my wife and working long hours.  I still work when I can on it though.  

Anyways the good stuff.   As it stands, I am just waiting on decent weather and weekend to roll it out and paint the cab a nice DDR green.   I have documented all of the camo patterns for reproduction later.  Once painting is complete then I will start to put all the stuff back together.

Either way, it needs to go or it will sit idle in the rain/outside for 3+ years forgotten.   Since I have started work though it has been in its own building.

$1000 OBO for as-is / where-is... work will keep going, I just don't know how much. (EW Vet price)

I will of course teach you everything I know and give you all the stuff I have accumulated for the project (tools, parts, manuals etc.)   It must be sold by Dec 2015 or it goes outside or worse the scrap yard.

David

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 02:43:35 pm »

You might try posting it on Steel Soldiers.
Www.steelsoldiers.com

Multifuel: Burns going in, whistles coming out.
Doorman

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 05:37:16 pm »

I have never had any luck even logging into that forum.   Feel free to get the word out and get a 10% sellers fee

tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:02 pm »

I really do not want to see this rotting away or scrapped - but right now all it would do is rot away here if I managed to convince myself to take on another project...
Lift Kit

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 08:24:02 pm »

I have the cash, I'll have the time soon, but no space to put it in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: