Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Milsim West game in Farminton MO  (Read 11100 times)
Hunter
Might know something...

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2015, 05:25:53 am »

Hey, kind of a late question. But I was wondering d anyone has a spare Russian camouflage bdu or anything they're willing to sell? We (me, cal, bryce, +1) feel like we don't look militia enough with the American bdus, just wondering if anyone has some.

On a side note, has anyone bought from amped Airsoft? They're selling a few Russian camo patterns and I was wondering the quality of them?
Here's a link of what I'm talking about- http://www.ampedairsoft.com/russian-klmk-berezka/

Thanks.
Master Chef
Knows what he's talking about...

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2015, 07:07:10 am »

The russian camo falls under RUSFOR, not cossack. You guys are supposed to wear od green or woodland camo. Remember that the Russians did copy the m81 woodland pattern, and bdu cut is occasionally seen on commercial camo.

Long story short, you guys are fine Wink

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
dirtpro

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:49 am »

^x2

Haven't bought anything from amped - what I do know is that on the russian side of the gear world the knock off market has terrible quality so I would get the real thing or don't bother. Since they'll be at the event you can always check tags etc...I'm sure Brett could help too since he probably has a stash still

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Hunter
Might know something...

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:27 am »

Sounds good- we have a mix of bdus and old OD Czech uniforms. See you guys there.
Shtirlitz

Comrade Shtirlitz 478

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2015, 11:32:40 am »

Hey, kind of a late question. But I was wondering d anyone has a spare Russian camouflage bdu or anything they're willing to sell? We (me, cal, bryce, +1) feel like we don't look militia enough with the American bdus, just wondering if anyone has some.

On a side note, has anyone bought from amped Airsoft? They're selling a few Russian camo patterns and I was wondering the quality of them?
Here's a link of what I'm talking about- http://www.ampedairsoft.com/russian-klmk-berezka/

Thanks.

Two of my friends bought Russian camo from Amped Airsoft - both got wrong sizes. They have no clue what the heck they are doing over there, just trying to make a buck on something that's getting popular.

I recommend 5.45 Shop on facebook. Been buying from them for 2 years now, started when they didn't have PayPal, and just had Western Union - never any problems.

-Десантник ничего не ответил, только встал и поворошил хуем угли костра...
-Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

EW5 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
EW6 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:07 pm »

With a mix of OD and woodland you guys are golden. Those czech uniforms are very similar to the sage green afghanka so if you are stupid worried about it. I wouldn't be though.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2015, 08:55:02 am »

Not going to talk about the event in general for various reasons, but I'll talk about myself so I have an excuse to think about it. Out here as it's more general and I didn't run the assigned fire team in the end anyway. 

Plan: Get out in the woods, be light instead of in a vehicle or shack. Been years since I did this overnight.
Perform: Did it! Was able to camp out, reasonably comfortably and effectively. Felt slow but was by no means the last person packed up each time. 
Improve: 1) 3DAP does not integrate with rig well, need to replace 2) Ignore command when they make bad choices on sleeping locations 3) Bring meds for my back. Did not to avoid being loopy at night, but could barely move in the morning so I'll take the tradeoff next time 4) Need to figure out how to mount assault pack to ruck better 5) May need to get/make a new LBE. Noticed some wear, so it's getting there. 
Sustain: 1) Zulu is great. 2) My "lightweight sleep system" is suitable for planned temps, much smaller than any MSS combo, handled rough environment well. 3) Used most standard items in pack (shovel, SvenSaw, ICS...) so keep them there.

Plan: Go ultralight on food. Only brought a minimal amount of meals, and used new OneSource heater bags (not stove) to warm.
Perform: Heater bags worked, number of meals fine, excess snacks but minimal weight and time was shorter than planned, so fine. Kept from eating lunch Sat due to transport issues, and that impacted my utility the rest of the weekend.
Improve: 1) Keep a meal on me. Did that the last day, and with a heater bag it totally fits. 2) Use proper amount of water for heater bags to make them work right.
Sustain: Use heater bags when space/weight is at a premium.

Plan: Play airsoft. Specifically, get an AEG and shoot people. I have not much done that these past 7 years.
Perform: Only got to get into two battles where individuals were in range. Gun worked great, I shot accurately, and individually hit several, at range and with difficult shots.
Improve: 1) Minor things about AEG. Creaks and so on. 2) Consider GBBR. If already carrying gas for GL, not an issue.
Sustain: 1) Clean guns: Got much more accurate at home when barrel was carefully cleaned. 2) Pre-zero all guns: it didn't need to be hopped each day (was weirdly accurate anyway) which is great as there was no good facility for that. 3) Keep using heavy BBs when allowed: .32s give terrific performance. 4) Do not bring so many mags. I don't shoot enough and limited-ammo games lean to the MG anyway.

Plan: Deploy HK69 with TAG timed grenades.
Perform: Did not work the first time needed, gas leaked out. Shot one in anger later, went way too far, so maybe I don't understand ranges properly. Slow and sometimes uncomfortable just slung, did not carry well with assault pack.
Improve: 1) Need to figure out if they hold gas or not. 2) Need to top off at least daily in the field 3) Need to investigate how much gas is enough to give max range. 4) ... and need to do more range testing 5) Need to investigate high angle use for short range plunging fires. 6) Need better way to carry alongside rifle.
Sustain: Induces confidence in friendlies and fear in enemies. Keep using.

Plan: Command a fire team, so understand team tasks...
Perform: Trained, and it went okay I think, then were tasked to run the squad for 45 minutes, then became Plt RTO instead. Squad was never really allowed to operate independently so rare that most skills would have been used anyway.
Improve: Huh
Sustain: Pre-action training to get squad on the same page regarding battle drills, other TTPs, commo, etc.

Plan: Use Icom IISRs as Intra-Squad Radios.
Perform: Irrelevant, didn't use due to change in organization. Did try to use with scouts, then found one has a wonky PTT. WHEN switch worked, range was suitable, would have worked great.
Improve: Test radios after maintenance more robustly.
Sustain: Radio procedure. Extra intra-squad and special mission radios. 

Plan: Use night fighting capabilities.
Perform: Irrelevant. No notable night actions. Evening actions not planned so had to return home due to no general night gear brought along though they could have continued if equipment was brought.   
Improve: Go to events that shoot at night. Replace sadly lost Wilcox Amber filter. Get new compass as mine broke pre-event.
Sustain: Laser comfortable on rifle KMRs. NOD

Everyone else should post their AARs here as well. Even if just how you and your stuff did, good to write it down and go through the exercise so you get better
dirtpro

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:44 am »

Good idea, here goes -

Plan: Attend a MSW game and see if it plays out as advertised. Decide whether it's worth dropping $$$$ for new kit, weapons, cross US travel, etc and worth the time to attend.
Sustain: The format and proposal for the event ( 3 days in field, no return to cars, proper chain of command, etc) is great and I feel it provides a wonderful medium where it isn't over the heads of the pew pewers but doesn't bore the milsim guys.
Improve: Execution of all of the above. Mission planning was nonexistent, immersion was broken numerous times due to decisions made by command/white cell, and the real world safety of troops was neglected i.e. we were told not to eat, rucks taken and then left there for hours, no troop accountability upon return from any movement, etc.

Plan: provide Rusfor CO with a dedicated, well trained, no nonsense squad they could depend on to get the job done.
Sustain: Despite lack of info from higher before the game, I felt we did a decent job preparing. TLs performed PCIs on all troops upon arrival, SOPs were established to get everyone on the same page and we got a chance to rehearse most battle drills/other actions at least once before stepping off.
Improve: Our squad was completely rearranged roughly 10 minutes after step off as I was tasked with a PL assignment and pulled an RTO, Medic and PLT Sgt from the squad. Fortunately, a few other squared guys were able to jump in that had been extra and not assigned anywhere on the roster so we made it work. The improve is that it would have been really nice to know this before the event!

Plan: Learn more about Russian kit (observe kit around me), tactics, way of doing things, etc.
Sustain: Brett knows a lot. Also, there was a wide variety of kits being worn so I was able to see how they look in real life rather than just on a website.
Improve: MSW doesn't appear to be the place to learn tactics or the russian way of war....

Plan: continually evaluate fighting and sustainment kits
Sustain: Still love my ELCS - it works wonderfully with a mix of MOLLE and ELCS pouches as long as I don't try to carry a ruck with a waist strap at the same time. It's my go to for longer combat actions without my ruck as it's perfectly comfortable with a full day's worth of kit (1gal water, mre, ammo, comms, woobie/poncho, trauma kit, compass, multi tool, smokes, etc.). Alice pack works great with this set up too since some of the weight sits on my butt pack and makes up for the lack of waist strap.
The klmk? (russian burlap blouse thing) I was wearing is extremely light and airy - much more than any bdu/acu jacket and even better than a combat shirt. Too bad it wasn't hot out.
Solomon quest boots and darn tough socks pulled through again - despite my complete neglect of foot care (never remembered to change socks and slept with my boots on the first night). Had one small hot spot from a briar that got in but that's it.
Improve: I love my MSS but I'm slowly getting dissatisfied by the packed bulk to warmpth ratio. I like the warmpth it gives but I'd also like it to be much smaller. Might look into something newer - also need to upgrade to the usmc improved bivy (coyote brn with the bug net, not the marpat one). That will pay off big in the warmer months when I'm fighting bugs and still want to breathe air.

I'll post something more detailed about our experience on my site

Notable mention: I had a lot of guys that really stepped up to fill voids and to give me squads I could depend on. Very impressed. Very little whining, lots of taking initiative. I'll be looking for those guys to attend games in the future with. Looking at you Lopez and 2-4.

Yote
Recruit

Hollywood

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »

Two of my friends bought Russian camo from Amped Airsoft - both got wrong sizes. They have no clue what the heck they are doing over there, just trying to make a buck on something that's getting popular.

As someone who lives nearby and used to frequent them, I can confirm that this has unfortunately become their business M.O. - not just for uniforms, but with everything. I don't know about the way they handle sizes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do frequently screw them up. What I am pretty sure of is that the uniforms they sell are actually repros, so overall I would recommend steering clear.
dirtpro

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2015, 07:41:07 pm »

Yeah Jerry and I were going to jump on the partizan they had but noticed a tiny tag that looked like it belonged to a brand that Brett said to stay away from...better safe than sorry

Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2015, 02:37:15 am »

Relieved from sentry duty 50 minutes late?
dirtpro

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2015, 06:58:51 am »

Lol, it's interesting how a tiny piece of information like "you are responsible to wake the next unit on watch so they can replace you" fails to get passed down (or I forget to mention it) and there ya go

Doorman

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2015, 07:06:59 am »

I have found that holding players of larger make MO-money games to a East Wind standard is a complete waste of time and you can only be responsible for yourself and your squared away buddies.   That is why all things go out the window 10mins into these things.

At larger games its expected that 98% of players will be worthless to any kind of real scenario.

At East Wind 98% of players are expected to understand how to accomplish a scenario before arriving and then are bashed if failing on any part.   The big difference is the player there takes criticism and truly is upset for failure.

I have never seen a Airsoft game come close to East Wind with expectations and participants that strive to meet those expectations.

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Rekkon
Might know something...

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2015, 09:21:33 am »

Plan: Deploy HK69 with TAG timed grenades.
Perform: Did not work the first time needed, gas leaked out. Shot one in anger later, went way too far, so maybe I don't understand ranges properly. Slow and sometimes uncomfortable just slung, did not carry well with assault pack.
Improve: 1) Need to figure out if they hold gas or not. 2) Need to top off at least daily in the field 3) Need to investigate how much gas is enough to give max range. 4) ... and need to do more range testing 5) Need to investigate high angle use for short range plunging fires. 6) Need better way to carry alongside rifle.
Sustain: Induces confidence in friendlies and fear in enemies. Keep using.

The fuses on the timed grenades are not long enough for high angle use; they will air burst.  The impact rounds may very well work in that capacity, but I have not yet been able to conduct a trial to see how reliable they would be.  The failure rate of the rounds themselves seem just as low as the timed ones, but they appear sensitive to impact angle.  I have had more than a few hit at a shallow angle or get deflected by branches and never detonate.

Here is the Tag standalone launcher I mentioned after the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtCJOSDgoJg

I also found a guy that modded one of the shells to 12-gram adaptor, so he can quickly reload projectiles without having to purchase, carry and maintain a bunch of separate shells.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXnSuKt8UY
dirtpro

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

I just might have to get me one of those launchers! That's pretty badass...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: