Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving trucks in support of D-Day Paintball game 2015 June 12 - 14 2015  (Read 3254 times)
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: June 04, 2015, 05:42:49 am »

As has historically been the case, we will be heading down to DDAP Junt 12-14 to drive trucks in support of the D-Day paintball game. 

As usual, I encourage anyone who wants to make the trip down to come along and chip in.  If you can drive a big truck, that is obviously a help but even if you cannot, we always prefer to have a #2 in each truck to help insure everyone gets loaded up ok plus of course to give the driver a second set of eyes when maneuvering. 

My deuce is on site still, I know David is driving his down as well, Christenberry is planning to drive something down too, aside from that I think we are mostly getting our big trucks from the D-Day pool. 

On the way back, Curfman and Stagg are both taking about driving their M151s home and I am planning to drive my deuce towing my M101 home behind it.  I think Stagg may well work over Christenberry or David to pull his hard top M105 along as well which will finally close out the last of the NATO kit staged at DDAP. 

Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:01 am »

The last convoy of EW.

Hmm, I could put the Mutt hardtop into the hardtop 105 trailer, weather dependent.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:10:54 am »

And I will there driving a UAZ around to deliver paint to the pint points on the field.

Then bringing the UAZ home - that is the last of the WARPAC vehicles there (still have 3 M105 trailers to get scooped up at a later point)
David

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:16:18 pm »

I'd be happy to pull a trailer back. Just FYI... One of the people at D-Day said to be careful of the little bridges on Cayuga Road. The recent rains flooded them and temporary repairs have been made. Several people have said that even with the repairs the pavement is iffy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:16:30 pm by David » Logged

Multifuel: Burns going in, whistles coming out.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:08:52 pm »

I intend to be there.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Lift Kit
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 07:50:59 pm »

Sad Too short a notice for me to help.  If I know a couple months out when hands and drivers are needed I'd be thrilled to fly in.
David

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »

The bridges have been repaired and are back to normal.

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 04:48:12 am »

OK, on the Kansas City end it looks like

Hoober (driving down Friday afternoon/evening)
Stagg (riding down with Hoober, driving 6033 home)
Allan  (riding down with Hoober driving 6025 and M101a1 trailer home)
Curfman (riding down with Hoober, driving 6037 home)

Christenberry (not sure what he's driving and when)

David  (schedule? driving his deuce and pulling Staggs M105 home)

Generally seems like we are going to try to hit the ground on Friday with enough time to look things over and get set up without a hurry, drive drive drive saturday, then head out after breakfast on Sunday. 
David

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 08:04:28 pm »

I should be able to drive down Friday morning. I get home tomorrow. That will leave several days to get stuff done. Going to D-Day stuff is pretty much done, just need to get the sleeping stuff out and in the back of the deuce.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:02:01 am by David » Logged

dirtpro

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:02 am »

Yeah I'm going to be a negetive for this too...just got back from 1S and really need to get caught up around the house!

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »

No worries Dirt Pro, was glad to see you getting in with 1S, I think you'll enjoy working with them. 

David

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »

The mission to support D-Day was a success. It was a little cooler than normal so there weren't as many heat casualties. The only hitch was my deuce getting a flat tire by Pegasus bridge but that tire was worm out and one trip back to KC from being changed. Not a big loss.

The convoy home was also a success. There was no significant precipitation which was good for Stagg and Curfman as they were driving their Mutts.

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 07:37:51 pm »

Agreed, that went quite well. 

Brett's mini pickup truck was a heap of fun too. 

Drive back reminded me how much I enjoy driving deuces down the road.   With Curfman setting the pace just a bit under the usual full afterburner rate for the deuces we actually got wildly good fuel economy too.  Only thing that sort of sucked was having my windshield taped shut (planning on rain) and then having the heater valves open till Baxter Springs.  I really missed being able to just pop the windshield and getting a 50 MPH breeze when I needed it. 

I thought about pulling the tape but figured that would certainly cause it to rain like Noah's flood and I didn't think Stagg and Curfman would appreciate that. 

David

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 09:57:48 am »

I noticed the fuel economy too. Quite a difference between 50 and 55-57 mph.

Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 07:02:17 pm »

The Mutts did well at that speed too. Probably 15-17 mpg.  For comparison the Army plans for 12 in their FMs.

I Drove it after we got back, in  a thunderstorm, and while we would have been wet, wet, wet, the water was not the murderous 60mph weapon that I thought it would be.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: