Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: East Block, Squad, group meal planning?  (Read 1717 times)
snapcracklepop
Might know something...

« on: November 25, 2014, 12:57:45 pm »

I realize it's early but with the food arrangements changing we all will need to adapt to meet the new challenge.  I personally have always liked the opportunities during EW events to try Russian and German cuisine.  Perhaps we can try to plan a handful of group meals during the event, obviously with timing fluid to account for the new format.

I am sure we all could simply get our hands on enough of something shelf stable to subsist for our 9 days in the field, but part of what makes the event so special is the camaraderie, whether it's warming soup in a mess kit bucket on a wood stove, or sharing unusual canned goods hunkered in a hole somewhere, or even the celebratory picnic on the floor of our tent.

Obviously this will be preliminary planning, with the details finalized as we go along and firm up numbers for our respective sections.  But lets get started.
Shtirlitz
Knows what he's talking about...

Comrade Shtirlitz 478

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:19:50 pm »

I propose we commend Comrade Snapcracklepop for his initiative! In the face of impending capitalist aggression, it is imperative for us soldiers to have food so that we shall be strong to continue fighting. We must definitely start planning.

The first question is, however, who's going? It's very hard to plan if we don't know how many people are gonna be there...

-Десантник ничего не ответил, только встал и поворошил хуем угли костра...
-Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

EW5 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
EW6 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »

The first question is, however, who's going? It's very hard to plan if we don't know how many people are gonna be there...

That goes for event planning in general!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: