Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Summer of 2014 convoy to Colorado trip  (Read 9322 times)
David
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »

It didn't happen this time. Some of the Mutts had/have some gremlins to work out. Allan has the inside details.

Multifuel: Burns going in, whistles coming out.
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 06:46:21 am »

Yep, just did not get bugs worked out in time.  Staggs still needs run of the mill maintenance plus still acts up on starting, Curfmans really just now got on the road, mine still heats up on highway runs.   Perhaps next year, I am pretty sure nobody is selling off a M151 series vehicle, they are just too much fun to run around in. Cheesy

Mordarski J.A.
You might want to listen up...

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »

This of course means all the more time to obtain our own military vehicles and have them up to snuff for the trip Wink

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 08:23:56 am »

I very, very much want to do this trip with Rover next year.

There's an east wind coming, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 07:15:02 pm »

Where does the time go?  It has been over a year since we last looked at this post.

In that time my mutt as gotten greasier, and its once new tires are now old and worn; curfman's has gotten more body work done and is getting a new radiator; Allan's recently overheated and.... needs a look.
That said, they will inevitably bounce back better than before.

This trip was a good idea two years ago, we should start planning it for real this time.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
daddyo

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2015, 07:31:25 am »

Sounds good. I hope to make some upgrades to my Mutt this winter as well. Spring/Summer could be fun.
dirtpro

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 08:52:33 am »

Dang...I still haven't made any progress on a mv purchase yet :p
Maybe in another year! This sounds like a ton of fun

Oklahoma Badlands Regulator

www.themilsimperspective.com
Mordarski J.A.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 10:10:57 am »

Don't worry too much Steve, I haven't got around to purchasing my Iltis either Tongue  Though, depending how things go, I might be in a good place to do so come the new year.  I'll have to wait and see.

It's funny, it's been forever since I last visited the EW boards, and I just made a comment to David about this the other day.  I'm still excited at the idea and would love to see this happen, regardless whether I am driving my own vehicle or a co-driver/passenger in another.

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
dirtpro

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 12:43:59 pm »

I hear that, I'd be more than happy to co-drive/nav for someone Smiley

gotta get a new daily driver....then perhaps Smiley

Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2015, 06:21:09 am »

Well, I think I've got a mostly dirt and gravel route plotted across Kansas. It was for a motor trip and I still have to make sure there is no single track on it (I think not).

There's an east wind coming, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »

We still talking about this any?

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 03:56:48 pm »

I am out, bigger fish to fry. 

Working on squirrelling up all my vacation time to sail the Bahamas with. 
Mordarski J.A.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2016, 04:33:30 am »

Summer of 2014 2017 convoy to Colorado trip?  Wink

I'm still very much interested in making this trip happen.  I bought a truck this year (2011 GMC Sierra) and have been pooched for time off due to a few life events happening (little sister getting married, most of my vacation time being used so I can parade with my Navy League cadets - kids aged 9-12), but I'm aiming to finally pull the trigger on an Iltis with my income tax return for 2016 (due to arrive around the beginning of March 2017).  That'll give me just enough time to get whatever needs getting fixed on it done, and set up a trailer to bring it down - I am crazy enough to drive it the entire way down, but I don't think I'll find anyone willing to co-drive with me, and I'd rather not break it from wear and tear until I'm amongst folks who can field repair everything with nothing Tongue

I should point out, and not too sound too weepy or nostalgic, but I miss all you fuckers.  This road trip would be an excellent way to reconnect with everyone.

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
dirtpro

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 08:28:51 am »

Definately in too-i dont see a mv in my near future but would be more than happy to co drive

Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2016, 04:36:05 am »

Still interested in doing this too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: