Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: War Stories EV-6  (Read 3419 times)
Bane
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 03:46:07 pm »

It was a simple misunderstanding. The Russian word for "I am going to kill you and do bad things to your corpse" sounds a lot like "surrender". Happens all the time.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

If I heard of this at the event - I can assure you the guilty parties would have been educated.

First it is against the laws of land warfare etc, second it only serves to ensure that our soldats are given no quarter.

And most of all - for a Recon troop to turn down the wealth of intelligence that surrendering troops can offer - is inexcusable!
Devil Doc

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 07:34:46 pm »

Funny how stories can be described to fit the needs of that particular soldier instead of the reality of what happened.

It was soo dark that nobody could see crap and especially who was where atm.  After the initial contact and one of  Americans yelling out to us to surrender, the only reply that he got back was "Poshel naxui!"  Half of the shooting was done towards any movement or audible noise, cause if somebody going to tell me that one could see what they were aiming at, then you must have night vision eyes or some shit of that sort.  It would also be nice, if people who got hit would play the role instead of sitting there and cracking joke at what was going on, kind of kills the immersion if you would ask me. We had a chance to take one guy prisoner, "Illinois" I believe or whoever was laying next to the building, but since we had no visibility and any idea of how many troops we were up against, it was too risky to make a run towards him.

We didnt hear people asking to surrender (which is stupid in its own to do ), nor I would have given an order to compromise our defensive position at that time, not knowing what is out there.  I did what I had to do (completed the objectives, eliminated enemy force, and did not take any casualties), so to jump to any conclusions about others with out knowing what is going on, or not even being there is completely irrelevant.

MiR Tactical - Midwest's Airsoft & Tactical Gear Superstore. 
Visit us at our retail location today!
1348 Busch Parkway,  Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
www.mirtactical.com or www.facebook.com/mirtactical
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »

Didn't you guys have the active IR PN-3?

Wasn't this the mission to show a presence in the airfield by using active IR?

Or is this one of the other missions you guys did and declined to take the PN-3 with you?

Devil Doc

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »

Germans had the active one.  That night was very dark, and with germans being in the other tower our visibility was very bad.

Scorpion1
Might know something...

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

It was just a funny story from our point of view. Roll Eyes I was the one cracking the jokes. For me that is realism.

Its best you don't know I'm there
VINI VIDI VICI
What's in the bag? My peace treaty with Mother Russia
SST Childers 1/3 DMR EWVI
Spice
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:33 am »

I was eventually tacked on to the surrender mission when it became clear I was going to be the lone survivor otherwise.  And yeah, it was dark as hell out there, but given that you Soviets were in cover and I could occasionally make you out, it seems odd that no one could accurately interpret 3 U.S. soldiers standing with their weapons over their heads in the middle of a road.  I even tried communicating in Russian, which was met with a very sudden and large volume of fire.  I finally died when a grenade actually rolled off my foot and detonated a few yards away.

315th Radio Relay Company (Los Angeles Contingent)
Shtirlitz

Comrade Shtirlitz 478

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 01:15:23 pm »

I threw two grenades in that battle... it was the only battle this EW when I actually used grenades...

But I couldn't see anybody at all... it was very dark and the hill was curving upwards behind you guys, so I couldn't make anybody out...

I was also the closest to you, and was very surprised to walk out of this fight "alive" - BBs kept whizzing near me but none hit me...  Grin

-Десантник ничего не ответил, только встал и поворошил хуем угли костра...
-Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

EW5 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
EW6 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
Devil Doc

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »

I was eventually tacked on to the surrender mission when it became clear I was going to be the lone survivor otherwise.  And yeah, it was dark as hell out there, but given that you Soviets were in cover and I could occasionally make you out, it seems odd that no one could accurately interpret 3 U.S. soldiers standing with their weapons over their heads in the middle of a road.  I even tried communicating in Russian, which was met with a very sudden and large volume of fire.  I finally died when a grenade actually rolled off my foot and detonated a few yards away.

Trust me..if we saw you guys and had a chance, you would be spending night at WARPAC camp.  We just could not see.  I also think that it is easier to see looking into the airfield, in comparison to us looking for the enemy against the tree line.  Most of the fire was directed towards audible noises, since aiming by virtue of sight was not possible.  I am actually surprised that we killed that many, basically relying on the noises made by NATO.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: