Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: m718 pick up.  (Read 33258 times)
omen
You might want to listen up...

Curfman

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »

I thinks we need a clear Plexiglas floor for my mutt...
d.thomas
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »

If by chance you choose to not do diamond plate and use like 16 or 18 gauge steel, i have  bead roller you can borrow to roll beads and steps into the sheet metal to stiffen it up.

Dave Thomas -tamer of the ferret - keeper of ELMO
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 04:59:12 am »

How much depth of throat do you have with that one?  Can it span about half of a mutt floor pan you think?  That would certainly look better than the current tread plate plan. 
d.thomas

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »

its burried in the shop. i will ahve to dig it out and measure it.

omen

Curfman

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 11:58:05 am »

progress on m718 6037
using a bunch of cut-off disks, a hair chipper thing, and some liberal application of cursing the bed of the m718 came off, once the rusted out bed of the m718 was removed we found the subframe was mostly undamaged by rust. what probably happened is the amblance carried wounded, sick, profusely bleeding people, as amblaces tend to do. the amblace crew, as amblace crews do, cleaned then the blood (witch make metal rust faster) out with bleach and water (witch makes metal rust faster), and then the vehicle failed to drain properly (increasing the time for rust to occur) leaving 6037 needing a new floor.

the gas tank got pulled and drained of gas, and then was cleansed with hot water, cleaning chemicals, and a brass scraper, then the shop vacuum pulled the lose crap out. the tank will be usable after some acid stiff Allan ordered is applied.

in other news the war with red necks using stick welders to put ball hitches on mutts with stupid amounts of metal has taken claimed two more victory as the stagg mutt and the m718 have both been de-rednecked. the 1/4 inch steel they used on mine can be used to fill holes in the btr 152s armor.

i pull the bondo off the hood and left front fender because it a mutt and the military used bondo to up armor the hood. probably. it wasnt near as bad as 6001 but it was still a military bondo job.  

and pictures

even i can take cool pictures of things  

time for squirrel claws

pre-squirrel floor bed

pre-squirrel floor bed

post-squirrel floor

post-squirrel floor

6037 "up-skirt" shot as it were, note results of the de-rednecking opeations
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y9hnOCjQfM4/UX64L-tdYTI/AAAAAAAAAHc/n0KBsEqe67g/w571-h428-p-o/IMGP1160.JPG
the result of the de-rednecking operations

as you can see, my squirrel powers are not to be trifled with, the war against rust and rednecks installing ball hitches  continues!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:01:07 pm by omen » Logged
Coop

We all live in a yellow UAZ...

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »

2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 037
Tetanus - disease caused by tetanospasmin, a powerful protein toxin produced by Clostridium tetani; tetanus usually occurs after an acute injury, such as a puncture wound or laceration; generalized tetanus, the most common form, is characterized by tetanic muscular contractions and hyperreflexia; localized tetanus presents itself as a mild condition with manifestations restricted to muscles near the wound.
ICD-9-CM 037 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.

From: http://www.icd9data.com/2013/Volume1/001-139/030-041/037/037.htm

- Куперов

OP: EW-IV - Ef. - 1SEC RTO
OP: EW-V - Jr. Lt. - XO
OP: EW-VI - Sr. Lt. - CO
OP: EW-VII - Sr. Lt. - HQ RTO
OP: EW-VIII - Capt. - Dacha in Urals
OP: EW-VIIII - Maj. - Desk in Moscow
OP: EW-VIIIII - Lt. Col. - CO Space Forces
OP: EW-VIIIIII - Marshal of the Soviet Union
omen

Curfman

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 02:12:05 pm »

I got mehslef a booster shot right after Eastwind 6
Bane

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 03:29:50 pm »

Jesus Christ that bed was rusty. I have seen cars sitting outside for at least 50 years that weren't that bad.
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »

The good news is I have a replacement rear frame shipping to Swayze right now.  Has the holes for a pintal hook, even though that video said ambulances are not for towing. Tongue   

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
d.thomas

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:25 am »

the extended body of the ambulance sure looks like a GREAT place to mount a smoke generator! hint hint

omen

Curfman

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:16 am »

At Eastwind it is a medical vehicle, it is not allowed to be used for roles other then that witch are for the medical evacuation of wounded personal,  EPWs, and civil personal, and for the transportation of medical personal and medical supplys.

It will be used administratively for moving personel and equipment.

But thats Eastwind.

Other evens like d-day it wont be a medical vehicle. And i think it would be sweet if we got all four smoke gens on or in mutts, get on line and smoked the fuck out something wile crawling along at 4 miles and hour.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:18:53 am by omen » Logged
David

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:51 am »

Dewayne is going to put a smoke gen on a little trailer. Putting on the Mutt would make it so oily it would never rust again. The extra length will be handy.

Multifuel: Burns going in, whistles coming out.
omen

Curfman

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 08:57:54 am »

i was talking to a guy i know a school who was a black hawk pilot in a medivac battalion in Korea (i was not aware of this, just that he was army). after talking about jeeps and mutts he took a look at pictures of my mutt he told me that he when he was flying medivac that the hmmvee m988 in his battalion were cleaned out with extra strong chlorine when ever some blood got on to the vehicle. this would nicely explain 6037 especially if it was cleaned by marines.

probable scenario

-navy corpsman "marine, can you clean the blood out this m718"

-marine *conformation grunting sounds* *dumps gallon container of chlorine into bed of m718* *wash out with water* leaves to drain and air dry*

-navy corpsman "thank you marine"

-marine *grunting sounds*

and that is how 6037 ended up with squirrel claws working on it 
R.Chappell

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:14 am »

At least it's got a good home now Curfman!

Prussian Field Marshall Von Moltke over a hundred years ago commented: “The British Army has some of the best training manuals in the world; thank goodness they don’t read them!”
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 11:35:17 am »

Among the myriad of projects getting worked on this week is the 718.  

Curfman got all the skeeter welds bashed and chipped off the back and he’s ready to make it back into a single vehicle again instead of two.    The strongest remaining structural beam got cleaned up and he added in a new section of 4140 rectangular tubing to bridge the front and rear sections then we sort of slid it all together.  Now we just need to get everything aligned just right and set Curfman to work with the fancy little TIG welder stitching it all together.  

Pictures:  

Spud piece welded in, lining up the two halves to go back together.  

Using the driveshaft/transmission interface as a basic guide for length.

Then use come alongs on each side to crank back and forth till everything lines up.  

Which leads Z to ask…

Hopefully, we’ll get it all lined up straight later this week and actually stitched together.  Once that’s done, Henry can start getting old rotted frame sections pulled out and new stuff boxed in so we can get this one structurally sound and ready to run around again.  

They are ever so much more fun when they are self propelled.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:12:31 pm by aswayze » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: