Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The consolidated story of Mutt 6022  (Read 3549 times)
David
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »

With the expertise of Allan, Stagg, and Curfman the engine for 6022 is 99% back together. I am waiting for a gasket, freeze plug, and carb rebuild kit. The rear main seal and flywheel also need to be installed. We replaced rings, bearings, and anything else that looked suspect.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:46:44 pm by David » Logged

Multifuel: Burns going in, whistles coming out.
David

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 12:48:14 pm »

Work continues on the small stuff. Buying needed parts and restoring ones already on hand. The body waits until we are ready to begin hacking and welding. I should have most of the small stuff ready to install once the body is done. That will save a bunch of time. Though a mutt is simple, the process of cleaning and painting the bits and pieces takes a while. The dash panel is still the big wildcard. I thought I had one and it fell through. Guy hasn't started on a repro dash/cowl yet. No worries though. Everything will come together just as it has been thus far.

David

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

Mutt 6022 was brought over to Allan's just over a year ago. All four fenders have been replaced and the dash/cowl panel has been removed. The replacement dash/cowl should be ready soon. Once it's in place the body work will be done. Everything else will be ready to assemble and finish the job.

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »

Since David does not post pictures: 

David working on some repairs on the bottom using mutt on it's side technology. 

David cleaning up after repairing a few spots in the back of the bed. 

Cowl and side panels off of the dash area.  Waiting for new parts to arrive. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: