Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: East German Project #2  (Read 11482 times)
Red_Ivan
Might know something...

East German alias- Max Ackermann

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 12:41:59 pm »

I have set up a meeting with my Friend and his good camera so we will be tackling as much of these pictoral references as possible in one day in the next 2 weeks sometime. Wooded setting. Soooo can I get some specifics? here's what i figure so far:

1. Front/Back/Side views of full combat 'battlerattle'
2. Full gear kit (together) spread out for proper positioning on ground/backdrop
3. Individual photos of each piece of gear w/ lightly colored backdrop

Im planning on doing kit and uniform for MotSchutz, Grenzer, and the EM non-career dress forms of these as well (no pins or special 'shiny shit' will be added. bare bones just for more reference)

However, I do not possess the propper MPiK variant airsoft versions nor radios for pictoral reference, so I will not be including a weapon in the Combat kit pics. If someone else with these items could do individual pics of radios/weapons that'd be great.

“If you start throwing hedgehogs under me, I shall throw a couple of porcupines under you.”
-Nikita Khrushchev, November 7, 1963.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 03:06:18 pm »

That looks like it covers it

What we also could use is a tutorial on how the equipment goes together - piece by piece.
Red_Ivan
Might know something...

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:36 pm »

Like a photo tutorial? Or written? I can try and do a photo one...but no promises it will turn out well.

“If you start throwing hedgehogs under me, I shall throw a couple of porcupines under you.”
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »

I think a written tutorial will do fine, no need to get overcomplicated. With the item pictures plus a written walk-through they should be able to figure it all out.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

Get some pics for it - like MC said - maybe a closeup or two of how they suspenders connect around the belt and back to themselves and how the assault packs connect to the Y straps.

Red_Ivan
Might know something...

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »

Thats probably necessary, as its hard to describe the whole Y-strap usage without showing it. Will Do!

KevinH
You might want to listen up...

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 08:52:05 am »

perhaps a video of the act of attaching the battle gear would be a clearer course of action?

Dies ist unser Land.
Doorman

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 09:04:30 am »

I think some photos to begin with for sure, but I want to get some instructional videos up that do not look like 10 year olds playing army.

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Red_Ivan
Might know something...

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 04:58:27 pm »

Photo shoot tomorrow Afternoon. Im having to pay the kid in the form of several items of militaria from my personal collection in return for his camera skills. I hope these turn out well. Someone with Photo shop skills may need to edit them further or add in a number/equipment identification on the pictures or something. Anyway, Ill post them up asap afterwords. Im going on vacation Friday so worst comes to worst I dont get them posted until after then.

Doorman

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 12:39:16 pm »

This year, first thing we need to try and finish this project out by taking quality good pictures of all stages of both Motor Rifle and Grenzer gear.

I would also like to see specific kits such as RPK Gunner, RPG Gunner and Section Leaders.   This will add a whole new value to the educational side while still pushing the norm of having the required rifleman kit.

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Vrakos

Hauptmann Fabelhaft

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 01:07:36 pm »

I plan on taking detailed pictures and making write-ups of each piece of required gear as soon as I get my Virtual PCI completed (waiting on a few bits and bobs at the moment). My eventual goal is to have a detailed wiki page for each piece of kit with plenty of pictures, as well as information on sizing, proper usage, and purpose.

This helps your average new guy understand how everything works, and save him the trouble of scrounging together bits of esoteric information by concentrating it in one place.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill

OP: EW-VII  - Soldat (RTO) - Grenztruppen der DDR
OP: EW-VIII - Soldat (RTO) - Grenztruppen der DDR
KevinH

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 12:29:13 pm »

Did any of the aforementioned photographs ever come through? I must admit I've been quite out of the loop since I moved. I know I mentioned something about write ups too which a lack of time and my own add/ocd has prevented me from completing. Ill try to get back on those.

Dies ist unser Land.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: