Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ok now for the question of EW6...  (Read 2861 times)
daddyo
You might want to listen up...

« on: March 21, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »

How the hell did Curfman end up with Warpac? Did he defect from US 3rd squad?
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »

How the hell did Curfman end up with Warpac? Did he defect from US 3rd squad?

He burned his hand pretty badly so was going to be a TOC Monkey.

He is going East German next year and since NATO had plenty of TOC monkeys and we were short of our TOC monkey quota - we found a uniform for him to borrow (thanks Mac) and he come over to help us out and learn the WARPAC side of things.
McClane

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »

I wore one uniform for 9 days in the field. He wore his for 7 in the TOC. Somehow his got absolutely filthy and mine still looks almost new...

In Coop we trust.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

I wore one uniform for 9 days in the field. He wore his for 7 in the TOC. Somehow his got absolutely filthy and mine still looks almost new...

Well - it is Curfman...
SeawolfIV

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »

How'd he get injured?

East Wind, but West side
Mordarski J.A.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:18 pm »

I'm sure Curfman will post up the real story, but we always assumed it was a freak self-gratification accident.  That was one mighty blister he had on his hand....

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Cardz
East Wind II East Bloc Planning Staff
Might know something...

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »

Curfman was certainly an asset to us this year. I like to think of him as a tactical savant. A little hard to talk with sometimes, but definitely worth listening to on most occasions. And, quite handy to have around, as well. He's certainly welcome back on our side of the border if he so chooses.

-Matt C.-
daddyo

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »

Ahh good to know. I wasn't sure if there was a call for defectors at the border. Or if it was predetermined game play.
Impulse

East Germany stronk

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »

Oh, I have a question.

On Tuesday, I went riding around with Tascabe for a bit to visit the Grenzers and drop off some supplies. We rolled up to the border and stared at the Canucks for a while through binoculars, then headed over to visit Hoober for a bit.

At 1900, I was standing outside the admin shack monitoring the radio on the GAZ while waiting for Brett to finish up - not really impatiently but, you know, letting them have their happy admin time. And over the radio I hear a Grenzer patrol report that they have found signs of a West German border crossing. I noted that - I already had a couple pages of Grenzer notes to relay to Coop and friends; and I believe he reported it further up to Hoober. (also spilled it to the rumor mill.) I expected this to turn into an investigation which got the Grenzers in trouble with a NATO patrol, causing us to surge forward full force and finally kick off the war. Nope - nothing was mentioned of it again, although we did get the war anyway thanks to... some nonsense about charging a fortified city at 1:3 manpower.

So... what was found, Grenztruppen? And more interestingly, how did we know it was a West German crossing?

mcfly
"Fire without movement is useless, movement without fire is suicide."
Doorman

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:39:15 am »

Pretty much after starring each other down for most of the day, everyone was on edge.   As the Grenzer patrols became heavier on the Coleville side of the border to monitor activity there; NATO took it as a sign to show force.   NATO reinforced their positions throughout the day and it eventually came to blows when a NATO trooper took a shot at a Grenzer patrol.

We responded with warning shots and fell back to stare at each other while both sides scrabbled to recover and figure out what to do next.   I sent a two man patrol back to grab the RPG-7 and hook up with any reinforcements and bring them forward.   Myself and Ian were locked on a border crossing.   We heard NATO order fix bayonets and that is when the radio traffic got crazy as we knew we would be SOL rather soon.   Luckily the NATO commander wanted to chat with us in words that shall not be said on their forum, and also giving us a nice clean shot.   With his HATO speach he crossed the line so we dispatched him only to find he had alot of Canadian friends that were rather aggressive but very nice people overall.

A firefight ensued with Ian being knocked out quickly (no helmet) and myself doing a gopher move to pop up shoot, pop up shoot till being killed myself.   WARPAC arrived soon after.

Berufssoldat des wahren Nationalen Volksarmee der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik im Ostwind
Coop

We all live in a yellow UAZ...

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 07:07:14 am »

Continuing exactly where Doorman leaves off, from the request for backup to dispatch, we were out in the field in about 10 minutes.  I got this on film during, I believe, clip show two.

The story goes that Hauptman Tascabe turned to 1st Section Leader McClane, after seeing all the dead Grenztruppen on the ground, and asked/stated: "You ready to start World War 3?"  With a grin, the troops on scene pushed forward.

- Куперов

OP: EW-IV - Ef. - 1SEC RTO
OP: EW-V - Jr. Lt. - XO
OP: EW-VI - Sr. Lt. - CO
OP: EW-VII - Sr. Lt. - HQ RTO
OP: EW-VIII - Capt. - Dacha in Urals
OP: EW-VIIII - Maj. - Desk in Moscow
OP: EW-VIIIII - Lt. Col. - CO Space Forces
OP: EW-VIIIIII - Marshal of the Soviet Union
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 07:11:00 am »

Bit of a break with reality there. He did say that but it was while he was looking at two LIVE grenzers who had just filled him in on the situation. The dead ones were a ways away at that point.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:44 am »

No - originally - we were to move forward and stop as a show of force.

When I saw dead Grenzers - that is when I made the call to go ahead and try and get some revenge.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: