Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The SA80 Bayonet  (Read 23813 times)
R.Chappell
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 09:10:27 am »

James and myself picked up a bayonet with the OD frog each from that guy I posted about before and they really are brand new. I haven't tried mounting it to either SA80 but then I don't plan on running Ivan through with it, it's just about looking warry before I slip up and cut my finger or something whilst pissing about with it.

Prussian Field Marshall Von Moltke over a hundred years ago commented: “The British Army has some of the best training manuals in the world; thank goodness they don’t read them!”
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 09:35:25 am »

I definitely understand, I've got the bayonet.  I'm just terminally interested in a replica one Smiley

There's an east wind coming, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:06 am »

Mould formed up and ready to roll.

Soon, oh so soon....

There's an east wind coming, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.
Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:31 am »

I didn't realize you were going to make your own. 
I would be interested in one, especially if it helps offset the cost of getting the Brits some cool toys.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:10:46 am »

I would get one too - just because.
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 06:43:19 am »

Approval cast is on its way!  I'll take more pictures once it arrives and give some feedback on it.

Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:18 am »

...oh and I forgot to post a picture of the cool bit; the locking lug works.

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 05:25:56 am »

That seals it. 

Love it. 

want one if there's one left over after the Brit all get one... 

Mordarski J.A.
You might want to listen up...

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 05:49:05 am »

Dammit that looks good....I'll have to get one for my GBBR and one for my backup AEG Tongue

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »

Behold the precious:

So the locking lug does indeed work.  The cast is spot on and fits the flashhider.  The WE needs to have the lug lock ground in to the flashhider but the G&G/ARMY and ICS already have this.

At this point I'm looking into paints that won't flake off the rubber to make the color of the blade look like a real one but on the whole if I never did another thing with this on that score I wouldn't care.  It's solidly built as you'd expect from these guys and is nicely flexible rubber without being too bendy.

I'm going to go-ahead the rest of the casting and should have these in hand in fairly short order.  Once I've actually got them I'll post a sale thread but I'd appreciate an "I want one" post if you are interested in plonking down the cash for one.  That way I know how many to hold out for us and how many go to evilbay and elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:10:07 pm by Mercy » Logged

weasle8877
Might know something...

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 04:53:56 pm »

Wow, those do look nice!  Now I really want one, eventually...

Wibble
Mordarski J.A.
You might want to listen up...

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »

Mercy, you know I'm in like a dirty shirt.  Seriously....at least one for me, maybe a second just to have a spare.  Or to brag to non-SA80 replica bayonet owners  Grin

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 05:42:06 am »

PM ninjas don't be a cock and send me a link to a real bayonet that costs "only" $85.  I know what the crappy blanks that are being sold as real are going for and you still can't stab your friends with them.  I'm not making any money on these and if you don't want one don't get one...jeez.

R.Chappell

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 10:26:55 am »

Who?

How bendy are these? We have rules on many sites where they have to be able to easily bend back on itself. Are they similar in stiffness to cold steel training knives?

Prussian Field Marshall Von Moltke over a hundred years ago commented: “The British Army has some of the best training manuals in the world; thank goodness they don’t read them!”
Mercy
Global Moderator

Army # 24172366

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 10:36:18 am »

Meh doesn't matter who, Captain Obtuse shall be the code name.  Grin

They are quite a bit more bendy than a CS training knife. I'll snap a pic but it can bend back upon itself.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: