Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ZSU-23-4  (Read 1182 times)
AutoCADeCuir
Might know something...

The Guy Who Really Wants to Go!

« on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:39 am »

Hey guys. I'm trying to my my ZSU to work how it should. I've figure out what most of the turret components are and the travy. However, our gun mech is locked up or broken and we are unfamiliar with start up sequence or even how to fix the damn engine. Does anyone have sources or manuals on a shilka?
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:01 am »

Not seen much on this one.   Might shoot Fotheringham a message though, I think I remember one up at the RCA museum up at CFB Shiloh has one that looked like a runner.  (I reserve the right to be dead wrong) They may have books on it.

We'll see if Stagg can hassle the guys at Riley as well. 

Looks like it has a 20 liter diesel engine.  Odds are, if you can rotate it and it has fuel it will start then comes the hard part, figuring out how to make it STOP running. 

Stagg
Global Moderator

Plays East Wind every day!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 09:28:29 am »

I demand pictures Grin and am planning a trip to look at old rusty communism this weekend and can get a look.
Somewhere I've seen one owned my the museum, but its in pieces right now.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some cool ideas!

Always carry two trauma kits.
One to induce trauma, and one to reduce trauma.
Shtirlitz

Comrade Shtirlitz 478

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:35:54 am »

You have a Shilka?Huh Shocked Shocked Shocked  Grin Grin Grin

-Десантник ничего не ответил, только встал и поворошил хуем угли костра...
-Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

EW5 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
EW6 - WARPAC - Soviet 2nd Section RTO, No. 478
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 10:12:21 am »

if it's taken apart, that's all the more reason to think they may have docs for it. 

Gettum and scannum, we can host the files here if needed. 

Fotheringham B.N.
Might know something...

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »

Not seen much on this one.   Might shoot Fotheringham a message though, I think I remember one up at the RCA museum up at CFB Shiloh has one that looked like a runner.  (I reserve the right to be dead wrong) They may have books on it.

We'll see if Stagg can hassle the guys at Riley as well. 

Looks like it has a 20 liter diesel engine.  Odds are, if you can rotate it and it has fuel it will start then comes the hard part, figuring out how to make it STOP running. 

The large piece of Soviet armoured goodness at the RCA Museum at CFB Shilo was a Soviet 2S3 Akatsiya (152mm Self Propelled Gun). However, they did have the ZPU4 which I believe is the same arrangement of four 23mm cannons but in the towed configuration.

I'm not sure if more pics / close ups of the ZPU-4 would help or not but I could always see about popping back out to Shilo to take some if it'd help.

Cheers!! Smiley
          Brian

I am nothing...WE...are everything!!

East Wind 5 - RadOP
East Wind 6 - #2 LMG
East Wind 7 - Sec Cdr

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: