Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: travel from KC to EW  (Read 1183 times)
Spice
You might want to listen up...

« on: February 02, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »

Hi all,

I've been coordinating with Allan on this a bit, but figured I'd put out the question to others and hopefully take some weight off his back.

I'm planning to fly out from Los Angeles (via Austin TX) for the event on the 13th, but actually getting to/from there is proving tricky.  I have found flights that will get me in to Kansas City, but at inconvenient times that aren't very compatible with the Greyhound to Joplin.  Anyone heading down this way that could give me a ride, or just some advice?  I've looked into renting a car and it's in the neighborhood of $200 – not an option.  And the idea of thumbing it as a 6'3" dude in military gear... I don't like my chances.  Smiley

As far as gear goes, I imagine I will be doing some shipping, but does the medium ALICE pack fit as a no-fee carry-on?

Thanks for any help you can give.  I'm excited to ACTUALLY figure this out and do it, after "trying" for the past 3 years.

315th Radio Relay Company (Los Angeles Contingent)
Phoenix
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:43:52 pm »

I doubt it would work with the frame, but without the frame, you could probably get away with it. Smiley

Ben Miller
US Army 1st Squad, Bravo Fire Team Leader - EWV

"You can be the baddest kung fu ninja assault swat sniper commandos in the world and still fail if you can't get to the fight.

"I suspect Phoenix forever love is probably the creepy, dig through your trash cans kind... " -Allan Swayze
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: