Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Canadians Flying In  (Read 4198 times)
Phoenix
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:56 am »

Either way, once you get to the KC area there is more than enough transport.  Between the 3-4 M35a2s, the 3-4 Daves, plus the CUCVs, and Dodge 880s there is plenty of seat space, don't even mention cargo capacity.

In the group of vehicle owners here in KS, we are literally approaching 2 mil-trucks per owner.

Good to know. I was going to ask at some point.
Depending on job situation at the time, cutting back on travel time may be needed so I was considering flying over driving time.

Cry But then I would't have a carpool buddy...

Ben Miller
US Army 1st Squad, Bravo Fire Team Leader - EWV

"You can be the baddest kung fu ninja assault swat sniper commandos in the world and still fail if you can't get to the fight.

"I suspect Phoenix forever love is probably the creepy, dig through your trash cans kind... " -Allan Swayze
snapcracklepop
Might know something...

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:24 am »

Just to jump on this thread, I too may well be flying in depending on the number of other east coasters driving out. 

Would Thursday be too early to arrive meaning I'd need to find crash space or could someone be kept in the EW family or set to work if they arrive on Thursday?
McNair
Been here a while.

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:52 am »

Either way, once you get to the KC area there is more than enough transport.  Between the 3-4 M35a2s, the 3-4 Daves, plus the CUCVs, and Dodge 880s there is plenty of seat space, don't even mention cargo capacity.

In the group of vehicle owners here in KS, we are literally approaching 2 mil-trucks per owner.

Good to know. I was going to ask at some point.
Depending on job situation at the time, cutting back on travel time may be needed so I was considering flying over driving time.

Cry But then I would't have a carpool buddy...

True, but like I said, it just depends on if I'm working by then.
I'd like to drive as I've never been off the west coast.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:05 am »

Just to jump on this thread, I too may well be flying in depending on the number of other east coasters driving out. 

Would Thursday be too early to arrive meaning I'd need to find crash space or could someone be kept in the EW family or set to work if they arrive on Thursday?

Speaking for St Louis area - we can get you Thursday and put you to work.

Also we convoy out Friday morning or Thursday night anyway so - not too early at all.
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 10:23:58 am »

On the KC side, Thursday is perfect.   
reaper39
Might know something...

"DUCIMUS" - 2 Can Inf Bn

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »

Flight is now booked. Arriving Kansas City for 15:30 on Thursday March 8th. Can't wait

Platoon Commander, 1st Pl C Coy
 Loyal Alberta Light Infantry

MCpl Friesen - EW5 Can Con 2 I/C
MCpl Friesen - EW6 Can Con 2 I/C
Sgt Friesen - EW7 Sniper Det Commander
Mordarski J.A.
You might want to listen up...

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 05:13:35 am »

landing fees? dont need to land, just go paratrooper and JUMP! no landing needed

All you need to do is make friends with an Air Force pilot who needs flight hours....and either know how to pack a chute or make friends with a rigger LOL.  Remember, it's not the fall that kills - it's rapid deceleration syndrome that kills.

Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

"We are not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department.  We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people." - Gen. (Ret'd) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD

EW5 - Rfn
EW6 - RadOp
EW7 - RadOp
EW8 - RadOp
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: