Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Long island/NYC, NY?  (Read 10969 times)
Mr.Spank
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:08 am »

I know this is early. But early bird gets the medal!

If there is anyone who plans on coming to EW and lives out in Long Island or NYC, lets talk.

I went to EW IV with Coop. I <3 Coop! But Coop had to go backwards to get me, and I hate having to make his trip longer. If there is anyone out in LI or any of the 5 boroughs, lets link up and make our way to NJ, and there we can either go together with Coop in the Man-Van v2 or on our own if somehow the MVv2 actually gets filled up.

You don't have to be a Commie to appreciate this idea!

Tascabe owns a whole building full of communism!
Devil Doc

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:21 am »

I say u guys come through Chi town and we will have an EW convoy then!

MiR Tactical - Midwest's Airsoft & Tactical Gear Superstore. 
Visit us at our retail location today!
1348 Busch Parkway,  Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
www.mirtactical.com or www.facebook.com/mirtactical
Coop

We all live in a yellow UAZ...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:36:24 pm »

I was actually giving thought to our plans this year, Spank.  I think I'll snatch you on Wednesday night, bring you to my place, and rest.  Sure it's 120mi round trip, but I'm right off the PA Pike by Ft. Dix.  Driving through upstate New Jersey to hit the PA Pike takes much longer, IMO, than just getting right on the pike from here.

I know SnapCracklePop is still going as a Soviet, and I've got plenty of room in the Man Van MkII for his gear.  I'd really like a 4th person to come with us, so he has a co-driver to swap out with every gas stop.  I thought spreading the drive time like that was really helpful!

I don't know if his vehicle can make such a trip.  I opted for a cargo van over the passenger van due to privacy.  Passenger vans have 360 degree windows, and I hate that, even though it would solve a lot of logistical issues to just have the 3 of us in one vehicle.

- Куперов

OP: EW-IV - Ef. - 1SEC RTO
OP: EW-V - Jr. Lt. - XO
OP: EW-VI - Sr. Lt. - CO
OP: EW-VII - Sr. Lt. - HQ RTO
OP: EW-VIII - Capt. - Dacha in Urals
OP: EW-VIIII - Maj. - Desk in Moscow
OP: EW-VIIIII - Lt. Col. - CO Space Forces
OP: EW-VIIIIII - Marshal of the Soviet Union
Mr.Spank

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:21 pm »

If the MV MkII is sans tool racks, then I think we shall be able to store 4 kits and have room to lay out in the back.

Personally I think a crew of 3 is fine. But a crew of 4 is probably best, from the safety perspective.

But I still feel you are stuck with a giant burden having to loop to me at the start and tail end of the trip. But if there is no one coming out of Suffolk, Nassau, Kings, Queens, Richmond, Bronx, or New York counties, that can snag me up, it will be the only option.

Coop

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:59:02 pm »

Correct, the ManVan MkII is without tool racks.  It's a smooth and quiet ride, and can easily hold 4 gas mask crates, with all our sleeping bags, veshmeshoks, and winter afghankas on top.

I'd say the 3 vs 4 driver decision would be up to Snap.  I'm all for taking more frequent or longer stops, or even sleeping overnight and driving during the day.  Driving alone can get too quiet and boring, and no level of caffeine will keep you wired for 28 straight hours of driving.  My convoys place emphasis on safety over timeliness.

And, as mentioned, my van has child safety locks, so I'm all for a snatch and grab. ;-)

- Куперов

tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

I think if you can all get in the Van it would be easier on you driving as well as cheaper.

I think the idea of making it possible to lay down and sleep in the back is a great plan - then you will arive much more rested so we can get mroe work out of you:) - oh plus it is safer - especially on the drive home if the person taking over driving has had a nap recently. 

So one could sleep, on drive and the 3rd person talk to the driver to keep them awake.

Coop

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:01 pm »

I don't know how safe or legal that is...

I know there must be 1 seat per person.  It's a 2 seater van.  Getting all the cargo in is no problem, I'm sure room could be made for a 3rd person to sleep.

- Куперов

Mr.Spank

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 01:30:15 pm »

So Mexicans can do it and we can't???
I'm pulling out my Race Card

snapcracklepop
Might know something...

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:02 pm »

As of now my planning is to have my gear ride the Man Van Mk2, and stuff myself either in a car with someone from the general area, Northern VA players maybe.  Failing that I can fly or train in to somewhere closer and grab a seat in someone's vehicle the rest of the way.  Its still very much in flux with driving alone the 20+ miles the last option.
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 01:35:13 pm »

You have a Ukrainian with you- they are like the Mexicans of the Black Sea area Smiley
Mr.Spank

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:46:14 pm »

Angry
They are NOT Georgians!
Georgians are 100% the Mexicans of that part of the world.

And I'm not Ukrainian, I'm just from there.

SCP,
whats with the schism between you and your kit? You and your kit have a fight?

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 04:10:46 pm »

Coop, does your van have holes in the floor to mount a mid seat to?  You might be able to go fish up a "disposable" middle seat out at a pick n' pull style junk yard cheap and just use it for the commute, that way nobody has to hide from la migre. 

Coop

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:19 pm »

LMAO poor Spank!

@swayze, that's a good idea!  I'll have to see if I can take a look.  Me and Snap are real people sized, and Spank is scrawny... so, gonna have to find a bitch seat for Spank :-D

Although, last year, we did put a cooler there...  Might have to bolt a seat back to the cooler.

Maybe a bench seat?  If anything, just for EW use.  It's a 2010 GMC Savanna cargo van, equivalent to a Chevy Express 1500.  Has the same console layout as the Chevy too.

- Куперов

Mr.Spank

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »

I got a guy here in Brooklyn (also no car) who is gathering kit for the next EW. He's more luxuriously sized than I am, but not "man sized" like certain farm boys. He's tentative, so not really worrying about him at the moment.

aswayze
Admin

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 08:49:08 pm »

I meant mid as in middle of the van, not between the two front seats.  Often times, vans are already set for a variety of seat options so you might be able to scarf up a 3/4 bench to go back there that wouldn't hog too much space and would give you room for 2 more if needed. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: