Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: East Bloc BWC Oct 25-26, 2008  (Read 6726 times)
abica
East Wind II East Bloc Planning Staff
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 11:43:08 am »

The pairing of BWC attendees with people that missed it sounds like a great idea too, as far as simulating how it works in the field when repls arrive.  And of course the old "teaching is a good way to learn" thing helping reinforce things.

I love the pics of the fighting position!  I'll probably process the 2 rolls of b&w this weekend.

"Everything in war is very simple but the simplest thing is difficult"
~Carl von Clausewitz
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 05:41:05 pm »

Hand washing station water consumption:

At the One Shepherd BWC we employed the hand washing station for a period of approximately 24 hours with a group of about 60 participants.  Weather was mild-slightly warm and the activity level and overall “get dirty” level was mid to high as well.  We went through about 40 gallons in that span of time.

I seem to remember Dufflebag having some shiny new 1 gallon metal cans that looked like paint thinner cans in the basement dirt cheap.  I could pick some of those up and you guys could use them for all manner of liquid goods as long as you properly label everything. 

I agree on the kitchen supplies box.  I would further that by saying you ought to arrange it using the industrial principals of 5S

http://www.qualitytrainingportal.com/resources/5S/

5S system would insure that you do not forget anything in the future plus it helps keep the entire system lean and user friendly.   I do this with all of my stuff at work and it makes life much easier on the operators plus the overall system is much easier to manage.  The MKT will be set up using this system as well. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: