Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weaponry  (Read 35936 times)
Master Chef
Knows what he's talking about...

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

The correct weapons for the Bundeswehr Squad at Op: Eastwind are:

Heckler and Koch G3A3

G3A3 with Slim hand guard (top) and G3A4 with wide hand guard (bottom)

The G3A3 and G3A4 are the correct G3 variants. Both the slim and wide hand guards are acceptable, and both Olive Green furniture and black furniture are acceptable.

The G3 is a 7.62 combat rifle developed in the 1950's by H&K for the German Army in collaboration with CETME, a Spanish weapon design and development company. It is employed by some 60 armies worldwide. The Airsoft G3 is powered by a Version 2 gearbox (typically wired to the rear) and has a 510mm barrel(on full length models). It is similar to the many airsoft Mp5 models, and many parts (including the lower receiver) can be swapped between the two.

Manufacturers

Tokyo Marui

Tokyo Marui manufactures the G3 SG1, the "civilian model" G3 as it has been dubbed. Furniture is black, wide handguard, plastic body, approx. 300 fps. Quality is good, on par with other TM guns. Not commonly found in the US, to get one you will likely have to buy used or order from Asia.

They also offer several other models, including short "SAS" models, which are not Eastwind approved.

Jing Gong

JG offers several G3 models, but we are going to focus on the G3A3 here. Black or Green furniture, slim hand guard, plastic body, approx 400 fps. Quality is acceptable, the gearbox could use some attention and the build is overall less solid than the TM model. Have not seen many around lately, rumor is that the JG factory was shut down. Airsplat currently has them in stock.

In addition to the G3A3 they offer an SG1 model (copy of TM), a G3A3 with an RAS hand guard and the short SAS model. These last two models are NOT eastwind approved.

Classic Army

Classic Army offered G3 models at some point, but currently seem to offer the "Offizier" model only. It features a metal G3 body and black pistol grip and full stock, but an RAS Foregrip and questionable internals. could be converted to an Eastwind approved model by swapping everything forward of the Magazine well, but if this weapon is anything like their G33 model I'd highly suggest you avoid it.

G&G Armament

G&G offers a G3 variant similar to the CA Offizier, but with a more solid metal body and G&G internals. To bring up to standard you would need to replace the stock and everything forward of the magazine well. Again not a very good route unless you absolutely need to have a metal body on your G3.

Heckler & Koch G36

G36

The G36 is a 5.56 Assault Rifle developed in the early 90's for the Bundeswehr. First fielded in the Bundeswehr in late 1996, it is decidedly outside the EW time frame, however it is an EW approved alternative to the G3. The weapon itself has in recent years been inundated with carbine and short versions, rail attachments, etc.

If buying a G36 for Eastwind, there are 3 main things you should look at to ensure the model you are purchasing is the correct one. First is the most obvious, the weapon must have the tall carrying handle with the integrated 3x sight as pictured above. It can NOT have a pitcanny rail on top.

Second is the Hand guard. the standard G36 has 6 holes in the hand guard. the G36K (first shortened model) has four holes in the hand guard. The G36C has 2 in the Hand guard. The K and C models are not acceptable.

In addition, I have seen many with an adapter that allows the use of STANAG(m16) magazines. These are not approved either. Finally you must have the folding skeleton stock as pictured above, not the aftermarket full stock.

Manufacturers

Too many to count, most companies at this point have made a G36 variant. As far as EW correct out of the box, I know that SRC, Ares and JG/Echo 1 have made the correct models, do not have any further information right now.

Walther P1 (P38)

Post WWII Walther P1 pistol

The p38 pistol was developed by Walther in the 30's for the German Army. After the Bundeswehr formed in 1956, it adopted the pistol because it could find no other better suited to it's needs. It is still included in my 1999 copy of "Der Reibert", but was nearly phased out by that time.

Manufacturers

Maruzen
Maruzen manufactured a model of the P38 which was never very popular in the Us due to copyright issues. Gas blowback, can not handle higher pressure gasses, including green gas.

Umarex
Guess who bought the rights after Maruzen? That's right! Same weapon, same aversion to Green gas or anything more powerful. I have no experience with it.

Crosman
Non blow back gas pistol. Molded in clear plastic. I'd suggest you not purchase this one.

There are others, mainly spring guns, that are not mentioned here.

Rheinmetall MG3

The MG3 is a belt fed, air cooled, short recoil operated Machine gun chambered in 7.62 NATO. It is the direct descendant of the MG42 of WWII fame. It is the Bundeswehr's General purpose weapon of choice, used in every role from Anti-air to Squad Support Weapon.

Manufacturers

There are currently no manufacturers of the MG3, and the few MG42s on the Airsoft Market are exorbantly priced. There were rumors that AGM was building an MG3 AEG, but that never materialized. The WWII Airsoft community has several people who have crafted their own MG42s out of parts kits and display models.

Grenatepistole 40mm (HK69a1)

This weapon is Heckler & Koch`s first entry into the market for grenade launchers. Consisting of a break-open design with a pistol grip and a retractable stock, the 69A1 distinguishes itself from most other grenade launchers by its impeccable workmanship and high accuracy. The low weight of only 5.8 pounds unloaded helps too.

Manufacturers

CAW
Don't ask me why they decided to make some obscure German grenade launcher, but they did. And it is supposed to work quite well. Ours is just being stubborn right now.

If you see any inaccuracies or have any further information, please feel free to post and I'll try to fix/update the information.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:41:33 am by aswayze » Logged

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
ComradeHX

Banned from EU; but not from hearts of people.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »

I do not think TM ever made a full-sized G36 with scoped carry handle; I only remember G36C(old) and "next gen" G36K.

SRC G36 can be considered for EastWind(I had two back when I did not know any better); they are pretty reliable and decently-performing(the motor is better than the average ACM motor).  The problems are easily fixed: hop-up arm need a bit of epoxy on the side because it is too thin and does not sit straight in the hop-up unit.  
The only thing I do not remember is whether the top rail is removable(never put anything on it)...but at $150, anyone can afford to buy a correct carrying handle.  
Also, they have nylonfiber bodies that are on-par with(if not better than) CA, because I compared the newest Gen II SRC G36 to my CA G36C that has been collecting dust in the closet, in pieces.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:54:57 pm by ComradeHX » Logged

Not one step back; behind you is the People and Zampolit's machinegun.
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »

Thank you, fixed.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Hunter
Might know something...

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:41 pm »

Hi im hunter and im new to east wind but hope to be attending this coming year, i have two G36 in mind and would like to konw which is better

SRC-  http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/SRC_Airsoft_Gen_II_R36E_Full_Metal_Gearbox_AEG_p/src-ge-0631-ii(sr36e).htm

JG-   http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_418&products_id=4685

currently im leaning towards SRC but it would be helpful if you could tell me which one of these is better, thanks!
McClane

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 07:31:37 pm »

If you are buying a gun for EW I'd suggest picking up the G3 as it is "more correct" than the G36. And the mags aren't as big of a pain in the ass to carry.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:08:23 pm by McClane » Logged

In Coop we trust.
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:03:09 pm »

All a matter of preference obviously, but if I was the one choosing, I'd go with a G3 as well.  

And I say this as a guy who owns a G36 and loves it.  

G3 uses a large battery

G3 mags carry a LOT better

G3 can mount a night scope a lot easier

As far as which of the two G36 options you show are better, I really don't have that answer.  Mine's an old Tokyo Marui that I bought when the G36 first came out then custom made into a full sized rifle.  It's the only one I have ever owned so I no little about the other manufacturers.  

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:48:13 am by aswayze » Logged
Coop

We all live in a yellow UAZ...

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 07:15:45 am »

If it wasn't for the time and money invested in Soviet hardware... that G3A3 with the slim OD Furniture is quite attractive.

I recall borrowing one when a weapon went down at a big game a few years ago, and this guy was pinning 3-4 kids behind a sheet of plywood.  Using the borrowed G3, I put a few rounds in the guy's chest on semi.  He was blatantly not calling hits.  I put a short full auto burst in his head, using that absurdly awesome sight radius, and he promptly called out "Alright, ya got me!" to which I replied: "I wouldn't have shot you in the head if you called the hits to your torso!"  and I saved a bunch of children, which is definitely not normal for me!

That G3A3 (By CA, stock, as CA guns get wonky when you upgrade them) has a special, warm fuzzy place in my heart.  I might have to capture one as a war bringback at EW-V... ;-)

- Куперов

OP: EW-IV - Ef. - 1SEC RTO
OP: EW-V - Jr. Lt. - XO
OP: EW-VI - Sr. Lt. - CO
OP: EW-VII - Sr. Lt. - HQ RTO
OP: EW-VIII - Capt. - Dacha in Urals
OP: EW-VIIII - Maj. - Desk in Moscow
OP: EW-VIIIII - Lt. Col. - CO Space Forces
OP: EW-VIIIIII - Marshal of the Soviet Union
Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:16 am »

I have no experience with the src g36, but one if the guys on my old team ran a stock jg g36c. It was quite a finicky weapon, had the usual JG problems but then odd ones would pop up. for instance: a small spring with apparently no purpose is in front of the hop-up assembly in the magwell. It broke off a piece it was pressing against, which killed the alignment of the nozzle on the bottom of the hop-up chamber and would not let mags feed. We ended up gluing a rubber washer in there to hold the hopup assembly where it needed to be.after that if the mags themselves worked then they liked to catch in their pouches at inopportune times.

I concur that overall the G3 is a better weapon than the G36 for Eastwind. There are less things to go wrong and take-down is a breeze. troubleshooting is easy and it uses the same gearbox as the M16. Many parts designed for Mp5 variants will fit the G3 in case you want to dress it up for Non-Eastwind events. Also, it is the dead correct weapon and uniformity will seal the deal for the BW squad.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:12:24 am by Master Chief » Logged

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
snapcracklepop
Might know something...

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:45 am »

Coop, speaking of a CA G3, Lydon on NJairsoft is selling his never skirmished with a wood stock.  Pretty cheap too from what it looks like.

To echo Master Chief there's a JG G3 with the slim OD furniture up on airsoft Ohio for 80 shipped.  Great deal for anyone looking to get a G3.

Just figured I'd share.
Coop

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

Coop, speaking of a CA G3, Lydon on NJairsoft is selling his never skirmished with a wood stock.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I might buy it just because I hate TJ and he expressed interest in it.

- Куперов

snapcracklepop
Might know something...

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 11:00:53 am »

I'm sure you can get to Bordentown faster than he can.  Lydon's a good guy even if his place is a pain in the ass to get to.
Coop

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 11:07:58 am »

Hell, Bordentown is like right around the corner from me... opposite side of base.  I'd go to his door just to keep TJ from buying it.

I replied and PM'd him that I'd buy it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled G3 discussion, already in progress.

- Куперов

Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:26 am »

Any other ways Snapcracklepop or I can convince you out of more cash? Not a bad looking G3 at all.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Coop

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 12:40:11 pm »

HAHA, you both need to stop conspiring!

He replied to my PM, "Deal" and I'm picking it up tonight:

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac3/shawnlydon/102_0538.jpg
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac3/shawnlydon/102_0537.jpg

It's been through "Old Man's" a local airsmith, so I know I'm picking up quality.  It probably just comes with a hi-cap, and it sounds like the stock has not been modded for a stick battery.  Do you happen to have those plans?  I run sticks out of several of my AK's, so it would be very convenient.

Minus batteries, though I'll probably get some mags, I'm all for loaning it to the West Germans if ya'll need another G3A3.

- Куперов

Master Chef

Ich bin der Meisterkoch!

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »

Not really plans, the stock is already hollow and you just slowly take bits of wood off of both sides and test fitting batteries until you feel it is good. The size of the stick battery is limited by the Sling mount, which has 2 posts which go completely through the stock.

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: