Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A thank you to all participants  (Read 2202 times)
tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:29 am »

All,
  This year was a great East Wind!  While Allan and I facilitate the event - you all make it complete.  Whether simply by having all the correct personal gear and right attitudes or by providing vehicles or tentage etc.

This is a community event where all play their part to make the whole event what it is.

For the WARPAC side - we had a lot of EW first-timers and everybody did wonderfully. They stepped up and toughed out all the rough times - long patrols, overnights without supplies on time, delayed relief forces due to other missions etc.  All without complaint - well without complaint that the officers heard:)

NATO - you guys were a very worthy adversary. When not full on assaults - you laid in great ambushes that made us have to rethink our strategy for deployment and resupply of our troops. It was also great to fight something other than US troops this year as well.

Overall I think the consensus is that this was the best EW to date.  That does not mean we have stopped improving though.  We have already begun to discuss places of improvement for next year. So EW V should be even better!

weber_ac
Recruit

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »

was there a final participant count?
aswayze
Admin

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:33:56 pm »

Not sure what the Warsaw Pact had but on the NATO side our total participants ended up at 41.

I think Warsaw Pact had more day players but less full time guys so I'll wager they are at about the same. 

tascabe
WARPAC Admin
Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:08:25 am »

35 Folks for WARPAC
Perez
Been here a while.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:46 pm »

I'd have to agree on the best EW to date! That is by far the best field we have ever played on. I would love to do another EW there again.
Cardz
East Wind II East Bloc Planning Staff
Might know something...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 07:43:11 pm »

As somebody who has seen the origin of Eastwind to what it is now all I can say is AMAZING! The evolution of this event is incredible. While I missed a lot of what has happened in the last few years I can tell there has been a tremendous amount of work and monetary investment to make Eastwind better and better. Many people have sacrificed their time, money, and a bit of their own sanity to make Eastwind what it is now. I am truly impressed and I salute all of you.

Thank you,
-Matt C.- 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: