Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Yugoslav Tinderbox thread - Updated 8 MAR  (Read 1254 times)
Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« on: February 28, 2011, 07:21:24 pm »

Soviets send combat troops to back Serbs in Yugoslavia, and continue to shoot government officials in the Baltic states.

CNN says that NATO is meeting still (it's the middle of the night in Brussels). At least half the Brigade's tanks are painted tan and in the desert right now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:32:04 pm by Shoobe01 » Logged
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:32:47 pm »

Oh this is not any fucking good.... 

I figured they were just saber rattling but this is spreading way to fast and is too well coordinated to be just knee jerk bullshit.

Something tells me we're gonna start seeing more leaves denied in the near future. 

Shoobe01
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

You gotta give some credit to the French soldiers barging in there and shooting Russians for a change, but how does this decision help stabilize Europe?

Everything else I am hearing is probably classified. Keep close to a phone.
Shoobe01
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 05:31:47 pm »

Just some quick summaries in case you guys are missing the news with all the packing and watches.
  • The Swiss have recalled their first wave of reservists. Not sure how many that is, but I gather a lot. Increased border security, which means tanks on overwatch at the checkpoints.
  • Norway, Belgium and Greece have instituted heightened alerts and also issued notices to certain classes of reservists, and so on.
  • The Italians haven't shot anyone on land all day; seems all the armed Serbs with bad navigational skills have finally been killed. Their navy reports they have picked up 3,000 refugees, mostly in impossibly bad boats, with at least 120 drowned. They also got into a confrontation with one boat and had to shoot and sink it. No explanation for what happened from anyone.
  • First REFORGER flights touched down from the US before dawn today. NATO cannot decide to act as a unified front so the trains and trucks aren't cooperating. There are pretty large numbers of troops waiting at railheads and camping out on runways.
  • The UK is militantly demanding everyone cut it out, and refuses to change alert status, even for troops in Germany.
  • France has dropped the troop reinforcements to basically zero, but still won't say how many are actually on the ground. Pretty regular flights in, dropping off mostly armored cars and tanks, and supplies. Today, most everyone who was still wearing desert camo got new green jackets, which make them stand out a little bit less. No fighting to speak of, but some protests by locals basically demanding they leave the airport and do something about continued violence just outside the cities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: