Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground war in Iraq - Updated 27 Feb 1991  (Read 1438 times)
Shoobe01
Global Moderator
You might want to listen up...

« on: January 29, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

In case you've been living in a cave, the bombing of Iraq (and Iraqi positions in occupied-Kuwait) began 17 JAN.

Here's an adequate summary, with map, brief enough to hold your attention. Maybe.

And lest we forget what a bunch of jerks the Iraqis are, they are dumping oil and lighting wells on fire. Just for the mean-spiritedness of it, I guess.

Still, through fear of their leaders, stupidity or just intertia, they don't seem to be about to fold. Our friends who deployed to the desert are apparently gonna be going in any time now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:22:50 am by Shoobe01 » Logged
Shoobe01
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:10:23 am »

Day by day, hour by hour, closer to invading Iraq and freeing Kuwait.

Note how helpful the Soviets are being, as usual. Anything to side with our enemies, even these pointless dirtbags.
Shoobe01
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 04:54:53 pm »

I find it hard to believe anyone missed the start of the ground war. But instead of RUMINT, here's a nice hometown newspaper view of things.

Apparently, the coalition is holding through the complexity. Note there's no mention of the Soviets. Their failed "peace" gambit seems to have made them irrelevant.

Our prayers are with all the soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen, from the US and all our partners. Shoot straight, stay small and come home soon!
Shoobe01
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:23:16 am »

The Iraqi army MAY have folded in days.

And those stupid missiles finally hit something. Seems like the air defense may have failed also. I'll agoig second-guessing anything else about the housing and procedures at Dhahran, for now. Our prayers are with the families of all those killed in this tragedy.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:25:47 am by Shoobe01 » Logged
aswayze
Admin
Knows what he's talking about...

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:53:41 am »

I love it: 

"Have completed their duty of Jihad"

So, the rout is a carefully planned withdrawal?

Oh, those clever Iraqis.... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: