Each individual attending as a day player is required to have all of the equipment listed on this page before they will be allowed entry to the field. Click on the name of each item for more details, and photos. There will be an inspection when you sign in. If you have questions, or are having trouble sourcing some items, please contact us.
Before being sure you have all of this stuff, be sure to read the list of items that you cannot bring.
- NATO weapon system. No AK style weapons will be allowed.
- Sealed and rated goggles.
- Non-MOLLE load bearing gear.
- Minimum of two dead rags.
- Capacity to carry at least two liters of water on patrol.
- A compass.
- A complete uniform in the pattern of any cold-war era NATO nation.
- Helmet and/or period correct body armor
- Lunch – East Wind does not provide meals for day players. Make sure you pack a lunch of some sort. Plan for foods that can be easily be eaten in the field. There is no lunch break, and no opportunity to leave the field to get lunch. You may even find yourself needing to eat while forward deployed. MREs are the obvious choice for lunches in these conditions but pretty much anything you care to carry with you will do.
- A cup or mug.